Just venting - OT

Very sorry to hear this news, lost both my parents to cancer in the last 5 years, but as someone mentioned, people prove the doctors wrong everyday. Bottom line its not up to the doctors what the future will be, but someone a bit bigger. Prayers will be going up from Troy, MO on behalf of you and yours. A phrase I'm kinda fond of..."tough times don't last, but tough people do". Stay tough buddy.

I lost my Grandpa to Cancer about a year ago. Not a fun time... not at all.

But, there is good news too. My neighbor who was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor last year went through treatment successfully and is now Cancer-FREE! It can be done. She is living proof.

Update. Well, four sessions of chemo are now complete and we have to wait a month for a CT scan to be done to establish the current state. Being loaded up with all the chemicals has taken a toll on her cognitive and motor skills. It's been a rough few months, but she is getting the hang of using a walker and finally accepting a helping hand for many other things. She does miss driving herself, but doesn't feel comfortable with the task. Right after she gets the scan done, it's time for her to be the Mother of the Groom once again. This is keeping her focused along with our upcoming 40th anniversary and the soon to be grandchild.

I've been wanting to ask on how things were going on the home front but I thought better to let you talk when you needed to.
It's great you're focussed on a goal. You'll both be at the wedding and the anniversary. I just know it.
Thanks for checking in.

Good to hear you guys are making it through it all, stay positive and know you have plenty of people around you far and wide that have you in their thoughts, cheers.

Sounds like you and your wife are trying to keep positive through all this which is the best thing to do. It's great to have family events and milestones to look forward to. Thanks for the update Peter and we're all praying for you and your family.

What everyone above says........... I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you and projecting them to you

Stop in and say Hey when you can.

Peter it was great meeting you at the car show a couple weeks ago and getting a first hand look at your awesome 300. If you're free let's hook up on the weekend for a wee chat and maybe a tonic in my garage.

3 years ago my sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer and told she had three to six months to live. And three years later, she's still fighting the good fight. As others here have said, doctors don't know as much as they think they do. Keep fighting and keep praying. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Peter it was great meeting you at the car show a couple weeks ago and getting a first hand look at your awesome 300. If you're free let's hook up on the weekend for a wee chat and maybe a tonic in my garage.

Sounds like good idea, but... the wife and kids are taking me away for a 60th birthday celebration - that is if she gets out of the hospital by Friday. I will take a rain cheque though.

Well, the results are in and they aren't good. 25 years ago she won the battle, this time not so much. While there was a small section of the tumor that got smaller, there were others larger, and a some new areas have shown up. The treatment she was receiving was the most aggressive cocktail and it is not showing signs of success, but has beaten her up physically and mentally to the point they feel that giving her more treatments will most certainly do her in. The focus now is on symptom management until her liver finally gives up - a time frame given as weeks, maybe months. She did at least make it to see her mom's 80th birthday, my 60th, our 40th anniversary and our middle son's wedding last weekend. Her only wish is that she is still here in 4-5 weeks to see her new grandchild. May things need to be addressed and arranged before her final voyage. This will not be a merry Christmas in our family. I will most likely not be on here actively too often for a while, so good luck to everyone with their projects and thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'll be back.

I'm sad to hear that...

I hope she can see and hold her new grandchild.

My Thoughts and prayers will most definitely be with you and your family.

Well it went a lot faster than we expected. My soulmate lost her valiant fight this morning.:angel5: May she rest in peace. The whole family misses her.

Back