Just worked a deal on this 69 Newport factory four color car.

Any one have a picture of the car in the gray from a brochure or something? What color is that wood grain supposed to be? Gray also?

this is the only thing I could find in A9 in the interwebs

A9GRAY.jpg

a 70

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sure the woodgrain was the same color no matter the color of the car.

I'm sure the woodgrain was the same color no matter the color of the car.

I had a 68 Sportgrain for awile. The wood grain was the same on all H/T, convertible and wagons. The special moldings surrounding the "woodgrain" also had a wood grain application that was different then the body side grain. They both had a name, which I have somewhere but will have to dig for it.
I'm not clear if the 69's were the same materials as the cars were completely different.

I thought someone had commented up thread about a speical woodgrain treatment. Must have imagined it

Both of the cars in the fuselage.de photos seem to have the rear bumper guards , but they are only a couple bump strips. I wonder why someone would want to delete those? The rear guards on the 1970 Chrysler models were not so nice looking though.

I guess I forgot to mention the 68 Sport grain that is sitting there too.

Ok I have to say this... Sportgrain? really? I wasn't aware woodgrain made you go faster/handle better! Gotta love Ma Mopar, right?

There's actually a 69 300 grille up there, but it's missing the surround. I hope to find one and switch it over though. I really don't like the Newport grille much. I will probably rat hole all the Newport parts as the rear has a panel that is woodgrain too, but the 300 has some awesome tail lights.

About a year ago or so there was a 1970 Newport and a 1971 Newport at the local Pull and Save. One of the cars had the bumper guard which I grabbed and since have sold to someone who needed it.
I also have the grill from each car and both are in very good condition. If you are interested I could send some photos of the grills and would give you a good deal.

Well, been working off the car and parts and found some good stuff up there. I have found a complete 69 300 grille and bumper and all brackets, also as stated found the 69 300 rear bumper and tail lights, so I will be able to have hide away headlights and the long tail lights. Also found a near rust free 70 Newport body that I am going to use for sheet metal such as lower 1/4s, trunk floor, center hump, and dutchmans panel. The car must have been an early 70 as it has low back buckets and a buddy seat, so I am going to switch the 70 interior into the 69. The 69 has a power bench, so if anyone is interested I will probably let it go.

My grille is nice, I just like the 300 grille better. Thanks though.
I say go for it. The 300 grill and taillights are still mopar. And what with every tom, dick, and harry building "tribute" cars swapping grills and tails is not a big deal. If you slap on 26" rims and a fur interior......now that would be a problem,lol.

No 26" runs or fur seat covers??? Awwe. Lol. It will go the same colors, I may do some cool 17" and 18" wheels, but not sure. We'll see what happened when we get there.

Back