For Sale Late Birthday Present

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect everyone's tastes and preferences but personally I wouldn't think twice about pulling the power plant and putting it in a Newport :BangHead: . Guess I'll need some form of protection program now....

It's OK, don't be afraid to agree

Last edited:
I still have mine from waaaay back in the 80s. It was a better car to drive a distance at 21 years old than it is as a 51 years old.
That being said a big block and that pistol grip in one of these sit on the floor cars, are still a blast to drive.

You can **** in one hand and Wish in the other! I can tell you which one will Fill-up faster.. lol :icon_fU:.. Happy Belated.

I totally disliked E-bodies when they were new.
Thought they were crappy cars then. And still do.
Thats why there's so many replacement parts for them now.

I totally disliked E-bodies when they were new.
Thought they were crappy cars then. And still do.
Thats why there's so many replacement parts for them now.
You couldn’t be more wrong Stan, those cars weren’t built to even still exist 45+ years later. The replacement parts are available strictly because the demand is high.

You couldn’t be more wrong Stan, those cars weren’t built to even still exist 45+ years later. The replacement parts are available strictly because the demand is high.
Carmine trumped me with his sarcasm this morning.
And you missed mine. :poke::D

We’re both slippin’.

Ok, So I had a birthday last month and none of you rat bastards got me anything so here's your chance to make up for it. I figure you can all go in together and get me this.

1970 Challenger RT/SE 440+6, 4 spd, # Matching

View attachment 151913
View attachment 151914
View attachment 151915
View attachment 151916
View attachment 151917
View attachment 151918
View attachment 151919
View attachment 151920
View attachment 151921
View attachment 151922
View attachment 151923
View attachment 151924
View attachment 151925
View attachment 151926

Time to change the scenery in the garage. True numbers matching JS29V0B 440 Six Pack 4 speed Challenger RT SE. Car is Preser/Vivor. Preserved; lifetime dry California car all orig sheetmetal with one repaint, fresh interior, 55K miles. Survivor undercarriage factory undercoating, orig brake and fuel lines. Well optioned, 833 4spd, Dana 3.54, PS, rear defrost and speakers, leather, console. Correct and original from radiator to orig exhaust tips. Build sheet, window sticker, owner history, Govier report.
As car trends come and go you can't duplicate the pedigree of an original car. A true future investment grade vehicle.
Nice, and it was even built the same day as mine.

Cars were deigned to last 3-5 years and the expectation was for the owner to buy a new car.

The Army Test Center conducts Accelerated Corrosion Testing for military vehicles and equipment as well as civilian vehicles and equipment. The vehicles and equipment are able to be corrosion tested for 22 years worth in 200 days. You wouldn't believe what happens to these vehicles. Some tests have to be stopped before the 22 year mark because the frame is so corroded and falling apart.

ATC- Accelerated Corrosion Complex

Accelerated Corrosion Complex
Provides aggressive controlled exposure of corrosive conditions to land systems to hasten their weathering process and determine susceptibility to the environments
- Fifteen test cycles replicate one year of field corrosion
- Twenty-two year corrosion assessment in 200+ days

Incorporated into Durability Test cycle comprised of selected test courses

Includes a series of individual corrosive environments:
- Mist booth – 60 by 15 by 15 ft up to 3-min mist applied to top and vertical surfaces
- Splash trough - 75 by 20 ft with solution depth up to 2 in. subjected to undercarriage
- Grit trough - 75 by 14 ft with slurry depth up to 8 in. subjected to undercarriage
- Humidity booth - 40 by 20 by 20 ft up to 165 oF and 1 to 2 mL/hr condensate
- Deep water fording basin - 190 by 22 ft with adjustable water depth up to 84 in. and 3 percent NaCl replicates ocean environment
- Endurance Course - Includes multiple courses of varying roughness ranging from 0.5 to 2.5 inches root mean square roughness magnitude

Facilities and equipment provide identification, analysis, and documentation of corrosion

ATC- Accelerated Corrosion Complex

Ok, So I had a birthday last month and none of you rat bastards got me anything so here's your chance to make up for it. I figure you can all go in together and get me this.

1970 Challenger RT/SE 440+6, 4 spd, # Matching

View attachment 151913
View attachment 151914
View attachment 151915
View attachment 151916
View attachment 151917
View attachment 151918
View attachment 151919
View attachment 151920
View attachment 151921
View attachment 151922
View attachment 151923
View attachment 151924
View attachment 151925
View attachment 151926

Time to change the scenery in the garage. True numbers matching JS29V0B 440 Six Pack 4 speed Challenger RT SE. Car is Preser/Vivor. Preserved; lifetime dry California car all orig sheetmetal with one repaint, fresh interior, 55K miles. Survivor undercarriage factory undercoating, orig brake and fuel lines. Well optioned, 833 4spd, Dana 3.54, PS, rear defrost and speakers, leather, console. Correct and original from radiator to orig exhaust tips. Build sheet, window sticker, owner history, Govier report.
As car trends come and go you can't duplicate the pedigree of an original car. A true future investment grade vehicle.
I missed this until now... Happy B-day buddy... sorry no car from here.

Tell you what though, at Carlisle 2018, you can just go sit in whichever you like... Tell them we said it was OK.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back