Life can definately be filled with unexpected TWISTS and turns.

J
The pain is getting close to being under control the longer this goes. They have me hooked to what I think they called a PCA, which is a"drug pump", where you get a predescribed amount automatically on the hour, plus i can hit a button every 12 min for an additional dose as i need it till its tolerable....im still hitting it every 12 min. for now. I'll just be glad when I'm a couple of weeks further down the road. Just been sitting here for the last couple of hours reading what you guys are doing to your rides.

Ah yes...I remember that thing....I was hooked up to one of those also, it was full of morphine. I put a death grip on my b/c of the pain I was in...but the duty nurse explained the drug only comes out in shots every couple minutes.

Thought I would give an update since so many responded with well wishes. I am healing well, got the stitches out yesterday and with the exception of some lingering weakness and numbness in my calf and big toe I'm getting around MUCH better, hardly any need for pain meds at all. I start PT tomorrow so THAT may change. LOL. Thanks again to all for the encouraging words, it definitely helps. :sSig_thanks::sSig_thanks:

Ken.

I glad you are feeling better. Good luck with the PT ... hope you get a good one and it helps you quickly

Last edited:
That's great news, I'm really glad to hear. Continued success on your recovery.

Back