Lost my Great Dane today.

Sorry to hear. My family has had several Great Danes over the years and they never live as long as one would hope. Great dogs tho.

So sorry to hear, John. Not a feeling I wish on anyone.
Thank you though for rescuing him and giving him a wonderful rest of his life. I'm sure he's eternally grateful and watching over you.

So sorry John. I know there’s nothing I can say just know where my thoughts are right now. I hope he and Duesenberg are having a romp as we speak.
6D825336-69F8-4B5B-8885-1AB30FBB4EFA.jpeg

My thoughts and condolences John.. I’ve had to do that to many times as well, it never gets easier. Just feel and be blessed of the times you had with him.. he’s in a better place.

Sorry to hear this John, our thoughts and prayers are with you and House. I'm sure you made the right decision as hard as it is to make. God Bless

Sorry for you loss, it's nice to know that he was rescued by someone who was able to provide him with a greater and better life than he was having prior to his rescue by you. I know it doesn't make the pain of his loss any easier for you but knowing that you made his last bunch of years filled with love and joy brought by you is a gift that he truly deserved.

0ee14adacabf3f45d038aaf8bb494324--shelter-dogs-rescue-dogs.jpg

Very sorry to hear of your loss of house, John.

“Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” – Gene Hill

That stinks.
Having buried many dogs (and other pets) over the years, it doesn't get any easier, the memories are priceless though.

Sorry for your loss. Our last dog was Huskey/ Mallamute mix. When he passed at 13 we decided we would not have another dog. Just don't want to go through it again. They become very much a part of the family.

We had to have House, my Great Dane, put down today. I've put up pics of him once in a while here.

He's been having some issues lately and the vet discovered a mass on his chest that was probably causing most of them. With his recommendation, I decided he wasn't going to suffer anymore.

Hanging with me on a NAPA parts run.

View attachment 151606

John: Very sorry to hear this sad news. No matter how many times we go through this with our beloved pets, we never get used to it. I know your pup is in a good place now, and I like to think you'll see him again some day on the other side.

sorry to hear about your loss, John...pets are more than just animals, they become family members...losing them is very hard.

again, condolences

Sorry to hear the news and I know what you are experiencing all too well. You were/are House's miracle that saved him.

We had to have House, my Great Dane, put down today. I've put up pics of him once in a while here.

He's been having some issues lately and the vet discovered a mass on his chest that was probably causing most of them. With his recommendation, I decided he wasn't going to suffer anymore.

Hanging with me on a NAPA parts run.

View attachment 151606
I can totally sympathize with you on your loss. My beabull passed on a month back and him and I were inseparable. We could communicate by eye, had a real understanding and he was more faithful than any human I have known. Brought me to tears, it did. If you plan on replacing him wait a bit and when you do don't expect the next to be exactly like the previous. My condolences John.
014.JPG

I’m sorry for your loss. These pups are great friends when they are here, but heart breakers when they leave. Take care in the memories and knowing he is not in pain.

Back