Lost my Great Dane today.

Thanks everybody. House was pretty special to me.

I've had a bunch of dogs over the years and it's hard to let go, but it's part of the deal and I know that... Doesn't make it easier, but I know that he's not suffering anymore.

I think we might be done with dogs for a while. This is the first time in 35 years that there wasn't a dog in my house and that's going to take some getting used to, but I think we need a break.

But... I've said stuff like that before... I said "no more cars" once too. LOL.

Sorry for your lost. They just don't live long enough, but I will always have a dog they just bring so much joy and unconditional love to your life.

So sorry for your loss John. Dogs are family. We once had 2 female retrievers that each had litters of 11 at the same time. Plenty of love around with 22 golden pups in the barn.

Sorry mate, personally I prefer dogs to people
We only got 8 years out of Thor our Dane/Wolfhound X , I still tear up ten years later
Dog = Unconditional love

So sorry for your loss John. Dogs are family. We once had 2 female retrievers that each had litters of 11 at the same time. Plenty of love around with 22 golden pups in the barn.
I want 22 puppies now.:)

Five dogs, a couple are still pups.
It's a mistake, too demanding of time I no longer wanna give

So sorry for your loss John. I know I don't know you but I truly know your pain from the loss and the tuff decision you had to make... I lost my Doberman 'Diesel' back in march from a long struggle and never thought I'd get through it... I posted here and all the guys chimed in about their experiences and I realized I wasn't alone... I know your House is playing right now with Diesel .... Best to you, Dave

C'mon John.....you know you want a puppy.

image-457132264.jpeg

John, I am very sorry for your loss, but like others said you gave him a great life after his rescue. My wife are on dog #4 and he is for sure hers, not sure what will happen when he is gone.

Back