Missing A Washer/Spacer?

furyfever

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Reassembling top end of my 69 Polara’s 318 here. Can somebody tell me exactly what I lost or am missing here? Is it indeed a spacer that’s about .150” thick? I’m trying to bolt up the water pump and get the alternator bracket on there correctly. Thanks.

1148893F-ADA5-4746-A5C8-BDE3776DC2C3.jpeg

D87ABCC5-060A-44FB-8564-C05ACE661A4C.jpeg

My '69 318 has a spacer of (without accurate measure) one quarter inch, and works fine. Does your bracket have a bit of "Wonk" in it? Should be fine with the spacer added. Lindsay

I'll bet dollars to donuts that there used to be a A/C compressor bracket that was sandwiched in that spot.

If you aren't installing the A/C bracket, a proper sized (3/16?) spacer will be fine.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that there used to be a A/C compressor bracket that was sandwiched in that spot.

If you aren't installing the A/C bracket, a proper sized (3/16?) spacer will be fine.
You are right on John. Here I thought I lost something…I did! The A/C. I didn’t even think of that. LOL.

Thanks Alan, Appreciate the photo. Your motor looks phenomenal. REALLY Nice! I wound up using two .100” thick washers.

Back