For Sale Mopar 361 Short Block, $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

6-david-5

Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for offer is a 1965 361 Chrysler short block. It came out of an old car of mine, which was a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere. Had a little over 100,000 mi. Std bore. Ridge is not excessive. Never rebuilt. Crank/rods never apart, and still has original cam, chain & timing cover on it.

This engine came out around 1995 because I swapped it for a 440. The only thing ailing this engine at the time was a burned exhaust valve. The 516 heads came off and were traded off to a friend who was going to build them up for a 440 build of his own. I am currently looking at repurposing this short block to replace a dead 383 in one of my cars, but I wanted to see if anyone was interested first?

It does not have front accessories. No water pump housing. No oil pan. No heads. Front cover and balancer still in place with original chain & cam. No lifters. I believe flex plate and oil pump still there. The pistons look fine.

If you have an old C-body or B-body and wanted to replace a 361 (or even a 383, 400 or 413-426), this would be a great candidate. Or if you wanted forged-crank bottom end B-engine parts that are still in the short block, this has it.

No photo of it yet, but I will diligently respond to a serious inquiry.

Nobody really chases 361s, but for what you describe it has value and your price seems reasonable for what it is.
If you lived nearby I'd buy it, you never know when you need a usable shortblock for something...

Nobody really chases 361s, but for what you describe it has value and your price seems reasonable for what it is.
If you lived nearby I'd buy it, you never know when you need a usable shortblock for something...

....... Darn! Wish you were in the L. A. area!

Not toooooooo likely bro. For the petrol $ for that trip could stay here and get a 400. Thx tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back