Mopars at big daddys

Will My Friend. I refer to that retirement problem az being like ah ONE EYED Chicken with the eye in the middle of hiz forehead and ah Pecker on each side of hiz head tryin' to pick up corn. He'z so dam busy tryin' to pick up corn he don't know which way to point hiz pecker
Jer, I trust if anyone here has pondered how to be truly effective with one eye and two peckers... our FCBO retired crew is the cream of the crop.:lol:

I am curious to see if our efforts to educate the Florida (so called) Mopar club about C bodys will bring them to create a C body class this year.
I tried to gather as many C bodys in one place as I could. I counted 17 C bodys in attendance which included those spread around the various misc classes due to the ignorance of the host club members.
I tried to point this fact out to as many of the club members as I could find, starting at registration and continuing throughout the day. I think they were avoiding me by the end of the meet.
There claim was that there was only one C body there the year before. I counted 15.

Jer is tight with those folks, so can't be all bad.
Even though I haven't met Jer in person, yet, I find it hard to believe he couldn't fit in with any bunch of car guys. Maybe not the crowd who buys something semi exotic and spends their time posturing near the car sipping beverages with their little finger extended, whilst wearing their "car show uniform" so they match the car...

FYI guyz. In ah nut shell...Letter 300 cars= 1955 thru' 1965. Non letter car production started in 1962 because Chrysler decided to "dilute" the bread and created Non letter 300 carz which lasted THREE Years of both letter and non-letter and from 1965 on there were no more letter carz, just 300 cars AND THEIR ARE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE LETTER AND NON LETTER CARZ. Side note: In the 11 yearz of production between 1955 and 1965 there were less then 10,000 LETTER CAR vehicles produced including the addition of 485+ 1 convertable of the 300 Hurst! Now, Once upon ah time in 1971 ah few guyz got together in Michigan because they had a love of the 300 LETTER CARS. After about one year the rumblingz started az weather to include the NON LETTER 300 carz or just make their new group exclusive to the"LETTER CAR 300s" The group split up and a second group spun off in 1973 and we now have TWO 300 clubz, today commonly referred to today az the EASTERN 300 Club which iz exclusively 300 letter carz and the WESTERN 300 club that recognizes ALL CHRYSLER 300 carz . The 300 Hurst was added to the recognized exclusive 300 letter car AND the non letter 300 clubz some where in the late '70s-early '80s by the officers of both clubz. Will there ever be just one 300 club????? Not in our life time guyz, all tho' the two clubs have held ah couple joint meets in the last 10-15 yearz. Too many of the original founding memberz are still pumpin' air, Jer

The 2015 show was a failure to keep C bodies together.
The 2016 show was a pretty good grouping, due to the old men with hats.
Was that section we were in designated for C bodies?
The guy who parked me for 2015, was he at fault? Or was it because we got grouped with "others?"
Just for the sake of doing a good job, some member should want to address this possible improvement.

The 2015 show was a failure to keep C bodies together.
The 2016 show was a pretty good grouping, due to the old men with hats.
Was that section we were in designated for C bodies?
The guy who parked me for 2015, was he at fault? Or was it because we got grouped with "others?"
Just for the sake of doing a good job, some member should want to address this possible improvement.
They had no clue until Will straightened them out... my parts car was 2 cars behind Stan's NYB, so when I rolled up the fella said with some authority " Ah, another C body". If not for them, I'm pretty sure it would have been "miscellaneous Mopars we don't focus on"... Nothing wrong with that, even we seem to need Stan's chart to keep it straight sometimes.

My Email body:
Hello Ken,
I just wanted to drop a line and make a suggestion.

The C bodies,seem to have not had their own area, either by lack of
designation, or lack of knowledge by the parkers.

This year, a of member of the C body group, reeled in most cars and
parked in a an area.

We counted 15 C's in the 2015 show, and 17 at this years show. Are those
numbers enough to warrant a separate class?

I wanted to reach out to someone, and ran across your info first. Are you
in a position to bring this to the proper person's attention?

Again, I do not know if out cars were missed by not having a class, or by
the parkers.

We look forward to the new show with new accommodations, and thank you for
putting on the best show in the state. Sincerely, Doug

This is the reply I received:

Hey Doug,
Let me validate the numbers with Ken from last year. I did not think we had but a couple of C bodies. If we had fifteen, then I think we may look at an additional class or at least split a class with two sets of trophies.
FMA Chairman
Jim Marrone
woodstock383@verizon.net

Last edited:
Someone send them some pictures, you can probably leave the one out of that crazy looking creature in the grass that Will took

Not sure rip. I think I'm referring to the letter car group.

Wil: Yer mostly correct about the letter car group. They are a little stand-offish. However, I gotta say, after attending about a half dozen of their meets, they are a pretty good bunch, and we have had a ball with them. I plan to take one of my 66 300s to their meet at Lake Geneva, NY in May. A lot of the members drive non-letter car Chryslers to the meets, and no one has a problem with that.

Back