Mopars at big daddys

The 2015 show was a failure to keep C bodies together.
The 2016 show was a pretty good grouping, due to the old men with hats.
Was that section we were in designated for C bodies?
The guy who parked me for 2015, was he at fault? Or was it because we got grouped with "others?"
QUOTE]

Last year most of the C bodys were assigned to the "rear wheel drive" class. I got there early enough to "herd" most of the C bodys together as they arrived. The host club "parker" protested at first, but backed down when I challenged him about C bodys and the point I wanted to make.
I have several pictures Of the 2015 and 2016 events to verify the C body entries. I'll send them to the FMA chairman.

[QUOTE="65Fury440,
Hey Doug,
Let me validate the numbers with Ken from last year. I did not think we had but a couple of C bodies. If we had fifteen, then I think we may look at an additional class or at least split a class with two sets of trophies.
FMA Chairman
Jim Marrone
woodstock383@verizon.net[/QUOTE]

Last year most of the C bodys were assigned to the "rear wheel drive" class. I got there early enough to "herd" most of the C bodys together as they arrived. The host club "parker" protested at first, but backed down when I challenged him about C bodys and the point I wanted to make.
I have several pictures Of the 2015 and 2016 events to verify the C body entries. I'll send them to the FMA chairman.

Sent with several attachments.

Hello Ken.

I have attended your "Mopars at Garlits" show the past several years, always with a C body.

I was always placed in a different class and judged with totally unrelated cars, because you did not recognize C bodys with a separate class.

There were 15 C-bodys throughout the show in 2015 and last Nov there were 17 registered C-bodys.

I took it upon myself to organize most of the C-bodys in one place in hopes of perhaps being recognized as a fast growing formidable class of Mopars.

Many of the members at FCBO are planning to return this year and a C-body specific class, even if just one award, would be a great way to boost attendance of the C body gang.

I'm attaching some pictures of the 2016 C-body's that attended.

Did he attend the same show we did?

The problem with the FMC is that it's members are mostly ignorant towards "what" a C body is.
Their folks who have always considered C bodys as "power train donors".
If everyone who cares would drop, even a short, note to the email,
attn: FMC chairman .....
woodstock383@verizon.net then something may happen.

The problem with the FMC is that it's members are mostly ignorant towards "what" a C body is.
Their folks who have always considered C bodys as "power train donors".
If everyone who cares would drop, even a short, note to the email,
attn: FMC chairman .....
woodstock383@verizon.net then something may happen.
Done:thumbsup:

I just learned that the Mopar show at Don Garlits place has changed dates AND location for 2017.

Home - Florida Mopar Association

I'm not sure I'll be able to make the change, What do you guys who attend think about it.....?
I want to go..... Don is my friend

image.jpg

I am driving the Brute "**** trailer Queens " mom never said ****...
But I have plus I don't have a trailer "lol".
Trailers are for cars that can't drive themselves... I know I will be pooh-poohed for that statement, but I never owned a car that would need to be preserved to that level... and frankly, I would be the the wrong person to own one. As it is I struggle with owning/cleaning nice black finishes, not that I am mistreating them, but something in the back of my mind always tells me I am not likely to be as good with detailing them as Mr C was.

Even though I haven't met Jer in person, yet, I find it hard to believe he couldn't fit in with any bunch of car guys. Maybe not the crowd who buys something semi exotic and spends their time posturing near the car sipping beverages with their little finger extended, whilst wearing their "car show uniform" so they match the car...

Jer fits in everybody......

Great detailing on a car that is driven is somewhat counter productive.
I'm reduced to a good coat of wax, treating the interior and tires and sweeping the floor mats.
That's kinda why I don't have a black car anymore.

A friend is selling his '03 Mercury Marauder. It's low miles, really, really nice and priced fairly. It's also black.... and I love black cars. I have to keep reminding myself that I need another car like I need a hole in the head and a black car would be like just creating more torture...

In fact, as much as he likes the car, he doesn't use it as much because it's black and it drives him nuts keeping up with it... and he used to own a detail shop!

That's kinda why I don't have a black car anymore.

A friend is selling his '03 Mercury Marauder. It's low miles, really, really nice and priced fairly. It's also black.... and I love black cars. I have to keep reminding myself that I need another car like I need a hole in the head and a black car would be like just creating more torture...

In fact, as much as he likes the car, he doesn't use it as much because it's black and it drives him nuts keeping up with it... and he used to own a detail shop!

I just bought a BLACK 2017 300C....LOL

No problem....I purchased unlimited car washes at my local car wash for $25.95 a month.

Back