Mr C's Christmas Imperial

Whenever my Parts guy Rents their trailers, No matter what the car he always says it's a Omni.

The only problem with doing that is...if your were to get into an accident and they find out you were not hauling the designated vehicle on the paper work, you will not have any coverage. You would have to pay out of pocket for the insurance claims. Just FYI.....;)

I no longer have to worry about that....after our move up north I bought myself a brand new 2016 car trailer....10K lbs GVW. I've put almost 7K Km's on it in about 6 months.....:D

Congrats! What's not to like??? Especially the price!

The only problem with doing that is...if your were to get into an accident and they find out you were not hauling the designated vehicle on the paper work, you will not have any coverage. You would have to pay out of pocket for the insurance claims. Just FYI.....;)

I no longer have to worry about that....after our move up north I bought myself a brand new 2016 car trailer....10K lbs GVW. I've put almost 7K Km's on it in about 6 months.....:D

Agreed but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I towed one to Missouri and back with a Polara on it from Missouri and back.

The fellow here from Illinois towed one with a Polara on it from Oregon to Illinois.

The options are limited

Nice! I thought you weren't a ragtop guy, Matt! Looks like a fun one, and at a pretty decent price, to boot.

I've always been a convertible man...just couldn't find an affordable Imperial. And 68 is my favourite slab year. I had to do it. Thank God my wife understands my car hobby!

I've always been a convertible man...just couldn't find an affordable Imperial. And 68 is my favourite slab year. I had to do it. Thank God my wife understands my car hobby!
So I can kill any hopes of seeing you turning a Formal Imp into a convertible now? :(

Towing vehicle carries insurance period no matter what they say. Trailer has no operating controls, no operator, no lawyer anywhere will go into court and try to prove it was the trailers fault even in a mechanical, material failure. By lying to them you completely let them off the hook if you end up in court but they will not be standing next to you any how. Once you hook up to that trailer it is you liability on that unit.

The previous owner got it from his father, but he is a Bowtie guy and I could tell he had no love for the car and wanted it gone to free up space.
That would make it a perfect situation for you. I can't imagine parts are all that easy to find for that one. I plan to do a little junkyard searching this summer, if you or anyone else supplies me clear pictures of what you are looking for... I will do my best. I'll start a thread for it in June.

Hey Mr. C, I 'm pretty sure this 68 you just got previously
May18^16.JPG

belonged to a friend of mine prior to it being in Marysville. This is one of two '1968 Shriner Imperials that made it to Seattle area, with the other belonging to my dad for many many years. Picture of my dads Shriner convert in about 2004 with my kids. As you probably know the Shriner converts had every option except am/fm radio. Congrats on the purchase.

I just saw this listing primarily for 67 - 68 model Imperial parts that might be helpful for you guys that have recently bought one of these interesting and rare cars (the ad is on the Imperial club website) - it seems like they might be just what some of you might need:

Ad No.: 4372 - Subject: Chrysler IMperial 57-68 parts - Posted on: 1/9/2017
City: Santa Ana C - State/Country: CA
Reply to: jeff Frank at jeffreybfrank@gmail.com

Balance of parts from Alvin Krenzien car collector in Norfolk nebraska. Lots of good parts now in Southern california. He focused mostly 67-68 but there are many earlier parts too.Hub caps,trim,skirts,switches,grills,tail lights,jewelry,bezels,corner lights,and lots of other 'stuff' 714-544-6123

I would love to see this Shriner convertible looking great again, and it is certainly off to a great start already!

Last edited:
Balance of parts from Alvin Krenzien car collector in Norfolk nebraska

Wow I have not seen the Alvin Krenzien name in years. I think Hoffmeister has his old yard. Anyone know for sure?
Also a Very Rare Imperial being a conv.(474 Built) and a Shriner car makes it even more desirable, I believe the last year for a Shriner Imp.(last conv.)

Wow I have not seen the Alvin Krenzien name in years. I think Hoffmeister has his old yard. Anyone know for sure?
Also a Very Rare Imperial being a conv.(474 Built) and a Shriner car makes it even more desirable, I believe the last year for a Shriner Imp.(last conv.)
Yes, Shriners went to Caddy convertibles in 69.

Parts list growing as I inspect things even more closely:

Passenger side door handle
Light sentinel pedestal (sits in front of windshield between wiper arms).

This is good. We get to watch this turn into an obsessive chase. We missed the previous three. Glad to see your itch is back.

Anyone with a 67/68 Imperial (detmatt?)...looking for pics of the Autopilot linkage. Mine is disconnected and probably missing pieces (still going through the trunk).

Much appreciated.

Anyone with a 67/68 Imperial (detmatt?)...looking for pics of the Autopilot linkage. Mine is disconnected and probably missing pieces (still going through the trunk).

Much appreciated.
Sure thing Mr C. I'll get some pics up today.

Back