Mr C's Christmas Imperial

I also got an FSM and owner's manual at the Portland Swap meet a few weeks back.

Went rat rodding in the Imperial today! Didn't go far...she still needs brake work and those old bias plys need replacing. Felt good tooling around anyways.
21741533_1250433255101921_1207816286_n.jpg
21744448_1250433241768589_1934205910_n.jpg

Have you gotten the Auto-Pilot sorted yet? There's a guy on the Imperial list who just reinstalled and made functional his '68's and did a big write up on it.

Great score, and good deal on that decklid. I never found any used parts (except for my fender from a member here) that were any cheaper than fixing what I had.

Sorry, it's an email to the Imperial group on Yahoo! Groups. There was discussion about putting it on the Imperial club website but I don't know how long that would take to actually do. You'd have to join the group and look at the message archive.

Have you gotten the Auto-Pilot sorted yet? There's a guy on the Imperial list who just reinstalled and made functional his '68's and did a big write up on it.

Great score, and good deal on that decklid. I never found any used parts (except for my fender from a member here) that were any cheaper than fixing what I had.

My efforts have been centred on getting the missing pieces...so no the Autopilot is still in need of repair.

Well, now that the T&C and the D100 trip is done, it was time to ship the Imperial. So excited about this car...what a look to it. Unlike most folks I prefer the looks of the 68 to the 67.
36551454_1775461219211472_2712278586227687424_n.jpg
36637553_1775461399211454_5261623756970786816_n.jpg
36641713_1775461942544733_4859530525037035520_n.jpg
36636720_1775461955878065_4157516144820879360_n.jpg

Wait a minute, you’ve had this car for a year and a half and you haven’t taken delivery on it yet???

I'm not familiar with the 67 to 68 Imp models.....

What is the difference besides side marker lights and something to do with the frame?

Grille is the major cosmetic difference besides the side marker lights on the exterior. No difference in the frame.

'67 was the first year for unibody. The purists were all bent out of shape saying that they would never ride the same, blah, blah,blah... like Matt said the '68 is basically the same except for the face, one only a mother could love Imho. On the inside, the walnut wood trim in the interior is gone, never to return unfortunately. The '68 used polished brass.
I'm curious as to what they used behind the grill for the cornering lights, what kind of lens is behind there.
The '67's cornering lights were way more elegant, to me anyways.

I feel obliged to defend 68 Imperials and bias ply tires whenever such Topic attracts my Attention. :)

He probably means shipping from Washington state up to Winnipeg. As the other 2 vehicles are there and things are getting sorted, this car can join them.
Precisely, the car is on it's way to join the T&C and D100 in Winnipeg. Apologies for any confusion!

'67 was the first year for unibody. The purists were all bent out of shape saying that they would never ride the same, blah, blah,blah... like Matt said the '68 is basically the same except for the face, one only a mother could love Imho. On the inside, the walnut wood trim in the interior is gone, never to return unfortunately. The '68 used polished brass.
I'm curious as to what they used behind the grill for the cornering lights, what kind of lens is behind there.
The '67's cornering lights were way more elegant, to me anyways.
There is a plastic half lens under the chrome end cap. The 68 chrome end/ grille extension thing is blocked off by on the headlight side and only permits the cornering lamp to shine light towards, well, the corner you're going around.
I prefer the 68 grille as I find the chrome ribs compliment the taillight treatment. The front bumper harkens back to the 60 Imperial with the pronounced brows, and the wider side profile with the marker lights carries the side body profile to the front of the car, which I also like.
I do wish the wood had continued in 68 on the interiors...the bronze pieces are almost always missing (I only have a couple of pieces and will need to figure something out).
I could go on, but I'll summarize that I feel about the 67/68 Imperials in much the same way as I do about the 59/60...I like certain aspects of each but would love to have either. I'm lucky I could find and save this one.

By the way, still looking for an Electroeye for my headlight sentinel system and Auto pilot linkage from the Autopilot servo down to the accelerator/ trans.

When I got my '67 Imperial the driver door switch panel was in the '68 Brass. I got a wooden replacement. I'm pretty sure I've still got it. It's yours if that's the one you need.
When I get home from vacation I'll check on it.
I prefer the 68 grille as I find the chrome ribs compliment the taillight treatment.
I'm thinking that the ribs on the front, especially over the cornering lights is why I'm not so keen on the front. To me it's too reminiscent of some of the other Chrysler's of the same era. Just me... not to worry
I'm glad you saved this car by the way. I'm sure it will be absolutely gorgeous when you get it done!
Hope you start a thread on its progress btw.

Back