Mufflers...

monaco75

Reaction score
what are y'all running for mufflers?? Trying to pick out a set. No flowmasters for me. Also not really digging the dynomax turbos either.

Being a c body, not looking for loud per say. But deff something with a little growl to it.

I'm leaning towards the high flow hemi muffler from accurate ltd exhaust. Anyone use these before? Not many YouTube vids on them.

B-Body Mufflers

This charger sounds awesome with them!

There's also a 72 polara with a accurate exhaust on there that sounds pretty good.

what are y'all running for mufflers?? Trying to pick out a set. No flowmasters for me. Also not really digging the dynomax turbos either.

Being a c body, not looking for loud per say. But deff something with a little growl to it.

I'm leaning towards the high flow hemi muffler from accurate ltd exhaust. Anyone use these before? Not many YouTube vids on them.

B-Body Mufflers

This charger sounds awesome with them!

These are the mufflers I have on my car. They sound great. Fairly quiet when running it at freeway speeds. Low drone.

These are the mufflers I have on my car. They sound great. Fairly quiet when running it at freeway speeds. Low drone.

Do they have a nice little rumble at idle? Going behind a pretty stock '73 440.

Glad to hear your satisfied with them!

Very nice rumble. I have a stock '69 440 in my car. Sounds really good. I think you'll be happy with them.

I'm running Magnaflows on my Newport. They are not supposed to "explode" in the case of a backfire. They sound good too, and not as loud as the Turbos I replaced.

I would consider Magnaflows too. I have them on my Fury and my V8 Tundra and like them. Too me they sound different than the typical Flowmasters that I hear on practically every muscle car I see. Not saying FM are bad at all. I just seem to hear them often. For me I didn't want my Fury sounding like the typical Cuda 440. With the Fury that sound doesn't suite the style of car,,but it's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I have magnaflows on the 49 in my profile pic love them the 67 will be getting a set soon!

I do like magnaflows, but not really for this car. Had em on an old truck, and they sounded great!

Alan, I'm sold!! Thank you! She sounds great!

Playing the part of an old cop car, not really wanting the full out hotrod sound. Looking for that classic Mopar tune lol

That's what kinda worries me. Almost all mufflers sound great behind a high compression engine, with a hot cam. But completely different behind a stock/mild low compression engine.

Hoping to sound similar to that 72 polara.

Yes I would think displacement and compression would change the sound but I would think too exhaust tubing diameter... Wouldn't it?

Mine is 2.5 into 2.25 tail pipes. I think the compression on a '69 440 was 10.5:1.

Cheap *** ( go figure from me) Summit turbo mufflers. They have been on there with manifolds and straight duals and also with headers and a X pipe car turns 3300 at 70 mph no drone sounds good next to center Jersey barrier or tunnel can't really hear it otherwise.

Back