Murray B. Park Private tour

And because you are not my neighbor you really don't know anything about me, you simply judged me because of this internet thread. Bravo I guess?

I just see lots of wasted potential in those pictures. And I feel for this this guy, whom I never met, because I'd bet he would want that situation to be different. It's got to be hurting his efficiency and parts thruput, right??? I can't imagine anyone purposefully wanting it to get out of hand like that? If I was his neighbor I guarantee you I'd help him if he wanted it.

you really don't know anything about me, you simply judged me because of this internet thread
And that is exactly what you did about him. I have met the man, his wife and bought parts from him and his daughter and I do not even own a C body. Sure I would love to save some cars out of his yard but that's not the way it works. Just enjoy the pictures, contact him if you want some parts and stop over analyzing the man, everyone has a burden to bear let him have his, some are enjoyable.

And that is exactly what you did about him. I have met the man, his wife and bought parts from him and his daughter and I do not even own a C body. Sure I would love to save some cars out of his yard but that's not the way it works. Just enjoy the pictures, contact him if you want some parts and stop over analyzing the man, everyone has a burden to bear let him have his, some are enjoyable.
Just noticed this...
I donate to the animal shelter because people suck.
:thumbsup:

And that is exactly what you did about him. ... everyone has a burden to bear let him have his, some are enjoyable.
'Exactly'??? No. How many times did I say I wasn't criticizing him? I tried to make that clear. If anything I was criticizing some guys reasons for saying it was all OK (they were getting what they needed from him, I suppose). My biggest mistake was to express some empathy for him, but lesson learned for sure there. And maybe he's happy as a clam for all I know, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to presume he'd want to be able to do more with all that stuff. I know I would.

And Cantflip, if pointing out his thing about 'people suck' is some type of jab at me, because my opinion is unpopular in this thread and I suck, that fine. For anyone that cares, I donate of myself to people because overall I think we're more worthwhile investments. Other folks can do as they see fit, their choice.

You are correct, it isn't what he wanted which I would like to presume is why he's full time now.

To make it clear, I'm not criticizing the guy. Some of you will write me off for my opinion anyway, that's your prerogative.

But just because there's a business aspect to it, or that he's working on a retirement egg, or that we love the stuff he has collected, doesn't mean that there aren't hoarding characteristics at work.

When you accumulate en-masse stuff like this (just like in Stan's picture), have it stacked up so tight that customers cannot easily/fully inspect it, cannot buy it, you continue to buy more under the premise 'I have to get it while it's still available', you build more storage space to house more goods, you never get rid of your worst merchandise because 'you never know when someone might be looking for that' -- you are hoarding stuff. I visited an architectural salvage a number of years ago - 3-4 buildings, some falling down, roof leaks onto stacks of wooden doors/windows and rotting them - when I asked why they didn't organize and preserve their stuff, and get rid of the junk, I was told they were too busy finding and dismantling old buildings (accumulating).

We are grateful that he does what he does, but I am betting that, regardless of whether he enjoys his work (I would), these cars are a big controlling factor in his life (I know this operation would overwhelm my life, and am I so different from the rest of you guys???).

This car. How much time would it take to get it out so that it could be delivered for sale. To me it looks like an all-day job. Trunk open, hood open, side glass open. Not an ideal way to store such a valuable car that appears to be in worthwhile condition. Not good business sense IMO.

And there are a bunch of comments thru this thread (from numerous folks), comments that are bullseye-characteristics of hoarding, and they seem innocent until you add them up. Hoarding doesn't happen overnite, it takes years to develop. All hoarders love their stuff, so passion for a hobby isn't salvation. We just don't want to acknowledge it because we like the guy and these cars are dear to our hearts.

How many of you would love to go there, spend a week getting dirty and helping him organize, put things on the 'net to get him more $$, help pack and ship, etc? Anyone?

080-jpg.81089.jpg
In exchange for parts or a car as payment, of course. All things being equal, my time is as valuable to me as it is to him.

'Exactly'??? No. How many times did I say I wasn't criticizing him? I tried to make that clear. If anything I was criticizing some guys reasons for saying it was all OK (they were getting what they needed from him, I suppose). My biggest mistake was to express some empathy for him, but lesson learned for sure there. And maybe he's happy as a clam for all I know, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to presume he'd want to be able to do more with all that stuff. I know I would.

And Cantflip, if pointing out his thing about 'people suck' is some type of jab at me, because my opinion is unpopular in this thread and I suck, that fine. For anyone that cares, I donate of myself to people because overall I think we're more worthwhile investments. Other folks can do as they see fit, their choice.

I don't really care anymore, FWIW my signature is not directed at you it is directed at everyone until they prove otherwise. I guess the whole thread is lost on me so I will suck right out of this waste of electricity.

And Cantflip, if pointing out his thing about 'people suck' is some type of jab at me, because my opinion is unpopular in this thread and I suck, that fine.
Really??? I was changing the subject... admit it was unsuccessful...
Try not to take it as my desire to enter the dispute...
I have never even spoken with Murray, but I can tell you he was the busiest guy I saw at Carlisle and has a lot of friends in our community... I apologize for not warning you sooner.

I think I would determine which are build-able. Then sell them off, so they don't continue to sit and deteriorate. Use that capitol to clean things up and to organize the rest and continue to sell parts. My two cents.

Last edited:
Sell to who? Many of those are there because they are unwanted and there was no interest on the market.

They are all for sale, just ask. However the good ones have the best parts which will carry him and us through our time here on earth.
He also has many NOS parts that need to be cataloged. Who's doing that while he's pulling parts for us and sorting out the good cars you want sorted? Murray has been doing this a long long time. It may not be the most efficient operation but it operates effectively enough for when I need it most.

Sell to who?

Car guy's :wideyed:

I may be wrong. I just don't see the sense to let an otherwise good vehicle sit in a barn and deteriorate. Nothing personal against Murray I'm sure he's a great guy doing his best.
077.jpg

Murray waz the C-body Guru GO TO GUY WAY AHEAD of the crowd, and hiz partz in the 10z of thousandz + are scattered and are alive and living well all over the planet... Thank You Muarry, My Last Wordz, Jer

Car guys? Again, everything Murray has was for sale with no takers. Murray gets there with a salvation offer for the seller. If car guys wanted them they would have gotten them already.......
I too am very grateful for Murray.

And some of those nice parts may have come from a car in a barn or shed that's been sitting for ages. Interior parts are best left out of the sun....metal, out of the rain.... makes sense to leave them indoors to me

He will be getting my most desired parts list a few months before next July... I do have confidence that the parts he produces will not be a disappointment.

He will be getting my most desired parts list a few months before next July... I do have confidence that the parts he produces will not be a disappointment.

I was disappointed once.... both our fault, no photos were shared of interior parts other than that.....Murray for President

I was disappointed once.... both our fault, no photos were shared of interior parts other than that.....Murray for President

He's a better choice than we have this election! LOL.

I would vote for Murray....

Back