Murray B. Park Private tour

I did buy a wagon from them a couple years ago that was reasonably priced and low miles. I also got to know Vanessa there pretty well through that deal and she also shows up at Spring Fling down in Southern California and we chat. She is a live wire and sharp, and she always follows through for me. So I have only dealt with her in the past couple years, and all has gone well. They have high volumes of requests, so you do have to follow up sometimes, but they seem to get it done for me so far. I am a pretty easy going guy and patient too and that is usually worth points when dealing with folks who are over worked and short staffed and their pay can't be that good.

Last edited:
My last dealings with Wildcat was two separate phone calls trying to get more information on a project car. I figured since I would be only 10 hours away why not buy the project car and tow it home.
My two phone calls and few e mails never yielded any information and I came back to Jersey without the car
What car? I'm driving by with an empty trailer next Sunday.

The 71 polara brougham. ..go save it please . Since I had been in Idaho I thought I'd stop by and probably tow it home.
That was one of those rare times that I was close, had time and money in my pocket

I did buy a wagon from them a couple years ago that was reasonably priced and low miles. I also got to know Vanessa there pretty well through that deal and she also shows up at Spring Fling down in Southern California and we chat. She is a live wire and sharp, and she always follows through for me. So I have only dealt with her in the past couple years, and all has gone well. They have high volumes of requests, so you do have to follow up sometimes, but they seem to get it done for me so far. I am a pretty easy going guy and patient too and that is usually worth points when dealing with folks who are over worked and short staffed and their pay can't be that good.
Thanks Steve, I saw a few weekz ago that the Green '73 Monaco Long Roof waz still in the inventory at Wild Cat up in Sandy, so I called and coincidentally got Vanessa just because she waz next to the phone I think.(BTW, I waz in that yard in July of '97 az part of a joint 4 day meet of the Portland chapter of the Chrysler 300 western club and the WPC club, but that waz before her tenure) I ask her about the Monaco and ask if she would send me a few pix. She did, and after looking at them I decided that I wouldn't live long enough to go completely thru' another one. E-mailed her back, thanked her and said thanks but no thanks, It's just too long a reach for me. The last project I did like that took me 22 years and I'm not sure I have that kinda time left. Price of the car wasn't that bad ($3500) but it needz everything and I could see between 40K and 50K to bring it back to my standardz,(I did that once) and I prefer to keep eating Steak and washin' it down with good Cabernet on ah regular bases, Jer

Thanks Steve, I saw a few weekz ago that the Green '73 Monaco Long Roof waz still in the inventory at Wild Cat up in Sandy, so I called and coincidentally got Vanessa just because she waz next to the phone I think.(BTW, I waz in that yard in July of '97 az part of a joint 4 day meet of the Portland chapter of the Chrysler 300 western club and the WPC club, but that waz before her tenure) I ask her about the Monaco and ask if she would send me a few pix. She did, and after looking at them I decided that I wouldn't live long enough to go completely thru' another one. E-mailed her back, thanked her and said thanks but no thanks, It's just too long a reach for me. The last project I did like that took me 22 years and I'm not sure I have that kinda time left. Price of the car wasn't that bad ($3500) but it needz everything and I could see between 40K and 50K to bring it back to my standardz,(I did that once) and I prefer to keep eating Steak and washin' it down with good Cabernet on ah regular bases, Jer

Yes, Jer, I saw that one too. It actually is a blue long roof Monaco rather than green. I already have a black one but was thinking about saving that example, just because I like them so much. But I can't be doing that anymore either since I still have too many cars, and I am actually thinking I need to sell my Black 73 Monaco wagon as part of the reduction in the fleet, but I have too many guys wanting it really bad, so I do not know what to do to sell it. I probably should just put it up on Ebay and let the best man win. Here is the one at Wildcat, and yes it does need everything. Mine is pretty much the opposite, since it has only 62K miles on it and I saved it years ago when it was still pretty nice.

Steve

7d45a6_fdabaaba61f04d7896b1d4a8df3bced8.jpg

Hmm , maybe you can do an auction here on the forum ..........
( Before put it up ebay ).

Yes, Jer, I saw that one too. It actually is a blue long roof Monaco rather than green. I already have a black one but was thinking about saving that example, just because I like them so much. But I can't be doing that anymore either since I still have too many cars, and I am actually thinking I need to sell my Black 73 Monaco wagon as part of the reduction in the fleet, but I have too many guys wanting it really bad, so I do not know what to do to sell it. I probably should just put it up on Ebay and let the best man win. Here is the one at Wildcat, and yes it does need everything. Mine is pretty much the opposite, since it has only 62K miles on it and I saved it years ago when it was still pretty nice.

Steve

7d45a6_fdabaaba61f04d7896b1d4a8df3bced8.jpg

Steve just in case you need help to reduce the amount of cars in your collection:
There are a couple of cars I would take over from you to help you ;o))

Carsten

Hmm , maybe you can do an auction here on the forum ..........
( Before put it up ebay ).

But most of the guys on this Board think C bodies are worthless from all the previous posts I have read over the years.......................so this approach might not work well. There are exceptions like Polara Dave though. And I really don't know what these wagons are capable of bringing. And some of the interested parties do not frequent this Board. No kidding, there are 6 guys that really seem to want it bad and I haven't really posted any good photos of it yet on this site! :BangHead:

Not really, Carsten wants 2 others, not the wagon, at least not yet!

the black wagon is great and is a great original survivor but it is not on my personal ultimate car list. I know there are others that desire it more than I do so I gladly step back.

Carsten

I don't know if it's on my "ultimate car list" but it sure does make me drool all over my keyboard. The fact that Steve is thinking of selling does get me excited. I sure hope all those other interested party's don't have deep pockets!

But most of the guys on this Board think C bodies are worthless from all the previous posts I have read over the years.......................so this approach might not work well. There are exceptions like Polara Dave though. And I really don't know what these wagons are capable of bringing. And some of the interested parties do not frequent this Board. No kidding, there are 6 guys that really seem to want it bad and I haven't really posted any good photos of it yet on this site! :BangHead:

I want a 71..... i like your 73, enough to be interested

I think C bodies are awesome. A '73 Imperial would look real nice in my shed.

My last dealings with Wildcat was two separate phone calls trying to get more information on a project car. I figured since I would be only 10 hours away why not buy the project car and tow it home.
My two phone calls and few e mails never yielded any information and I came back to Jersey without the car
Sounds like dealing with craigslist.

Sorry Steve. I like the current Formal FCBO value guide, but my position is a selfish one. My transaction with Mr C was all the cash I could responsibly part with at the time and my summer trips took up all the slack I could afford to put out then too. My total investment still wouldn't impress you enough to even let me sit in a 300F...

As long as I am in acquisition mode, lower prices are a good thing. One day, when it's time for me or my heirs to sell, higher values would be nice. For me, my small collection brings me great pleasure... I am passionate about the model and I could afford to own them. Best of all, there is enough work to be done to the "fleet" to keep me amused for the foreseeable future. They fulfill all the desires I wanted them to.

I hope you come to fair terms when you part with the cars you are willing to release from your herd. I am sure you have several good homes available to adopt whatever you choose to part with.

I think C bodies are awesome. A '73 Imperial would look real nice in my shed.

Over time I ended up with two of them that were virtually identical. Both triple white. I sold this one in the photo below to a guy in Holland and due to family issues, he ended up selling it back to the states to a very good friend of mine in Wisconsin. He is making it even more mint. That one was the higer mileage one at around 84K miles. I still have the lower mileage one @ 34K miles. Both are incredible driving luxury cars - nothing quite like them.

I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell the one that is left (not shown).

100_6098 - Copy (2).jpg

Over time I ended up with two of them that were virtually identical. Both triple white. I sold this one in the photo below to a guy in Holland and due to family issues, he ended up selling it back to the states to a very good friend of mine in Wisconsin. He is making it even more mint. That one was the higer mileage one at around 84K miles. I still have the lower mileage one @ 34K miles. Both are incredible driving luxury cars - nothing quite like them.

I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell the one that is left (not shown).

View attachment 98175
Please do! :thumbsup:

Back