Murray B. Park Private tour

Really??? I was changing the subject... ... I apologize for not warning you sooner.
Oh, I know Murray is well-liked, which is why I said repeatedly I wasn't trying to criticize him personally. I kinda thought you *weren't* jabbing at me, as you generally seem to be pleasant, but the trend was for piling on me, so I was unsure. I wasn't going to hold a grudge either way, life's too short for that, and this is the internet after all:D).

Car guy's :wideyed:
I may be wrong. I just don't see the sense to let an otherwise good vehicle sit in a barn and deteriorate. Nothing personal against Murray I'm sure he's a great guy doing his best.View attachment 97418
And that's what I was getting at! Sitting like that is the worst thing for a car, many parts go bad in the process of waiting.

Yes, it's very hard to get organized when you're busy, but if you're too busy for that, and you continue to accumulate, eventually you reach a point where you'll never get yourself dug out. BTDT And that's no fun, for you or your heirs.
Who wouldn't?
Unfortunately, we have way too many people that think both sides have put up an excellent candidate, yet IMHO neither one really knows what our biggest problems are, or at least they aren't talking about them. I've never felt that splitting to a 3rd party was a good thing until now. If either big group wins, so be it, they can fully own the train wreck that happens afterward. The only saving grace we have (in addition to saving grace, the true 'Trump' card) is that the hard-working, righteous Americans (I believe we are in the majority) will continue to take care of each other and we'll survive whatever shitstorm these clueless clowns create.

neither one really knows what our biggest problems are, or at least they aren't talking about them. .[/QUOTE]

Biggest problems are dependent upon who you are . Everyone sees things differently and have different concerns.... thats a whole new topic, we should talk about Murrays fantastic stash of cars and parts

I would love to go and see Murray's private stash! I got a set of bucket seats from him a few years ago. I sent him 1/4 of the money, met him at the Nat's and paid him the rest. He told me it would be a few weeks, which turned into a couple of months, but we stayed in touch and he never ducked my calls or came up with crappy excuses. He was apologetic every time and came through in the end.

Is he a hoarder? Compared to my dad who keeps EVERYTHING, I'd say no, but he does have a ton of stuff.

As for Pres, my vote doesn't count so I probably won't even vote, maybe for the local crooks.

Last edited:
Oh, I know Murray is well-liked, which is why I said repeatedly I wasn't trying to criticize him personally. I kinda thought you *weren't* jabbing at me, as you generally seem to be pleasant, but the trend was for piling on me, so I was unsure. I wasn't going to hold a grudge either way, life's too short for that, and this is the internet after all:D).

I am actually a little harsh and judgemental when it comes to the stuff I have expertise with... I try hard to not be a jerk about it.

I would love to go and see Murray's private stash! I got a set of bucket seats from him a few years ago. I sent him 1/4 of the money, met him at the Nat's and paid him the rest. He told me it would be a few weeks, which turned into a couple of months, but we stayed in touch and he never ducked my calls or came up with crappy excuses. He was apologetic every time and came through in the end.

Is he a hoarder? Compared Tommy dad who keeps EVERYTHING, I'd say no, but he does have a ton of stuff.

As for Pres, my vote doesn't count so I probably won't even vote, maybe for the local crooks.

A true horder will not sell.

I think one of our biggest problems is the mainstream media. Murray B park?, no problems!

If Murray never allows anyone on his property again it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I know i wouldn't.
He's come through with hard to find parts a couple times for me and ships in a timely matter. While Murray was over with the FCBO boys at Carlisle, i enjoyed meeting his girls running his parts stand.

I see parts from Murray doubling in price and taking twice as long to ship.
The downside.

I'll be the goddam selfish bastard and say it. . .
I don't appreciate every guy with 5 total posts to his name blurting out CALL MURRAY PARK everytime someone with 3 total posts to his name asks, Where can I. . .
I will adamantly insist that is not good for the C-body hobby as a whole.

Last edited:
It's a fine line. If he doesn't get the business he goes out of business, and the parts get crushed. If business booms and he can't handle the business he looses business and the parts get crushed. I'll say it although I haven't ordered from him yet, let Murray be Murray. I've also been called a hoarder, no big deal, I buy and sell thousands of toy cars every year, but the basement looks overwhelming in the process. Dylan hit it on the head earlier, hoarders don't let stuff go, period. I just chuckle at the label and move on.

Would people rather source parts from Johnny Rosen?
I've never had to deal with this Murray fellow, but have had dealings with a well known and 'respected' Imperial parts supplier (not Rosen), it was a bloody nightmare, with excuses as to why the parts weren't shipped until weeks after the monies had been paid to this individual and when I received them, they were not as described, not even close. Maybe Mr Park is a more honest fellow?

First... My conversations with Murray haven't lasted face to face much more than 30 seconds, so I don't know the man at all. Seems like a nice guy though.

My comments on his business:

His yard reminds me of the yards I went in when I was a kid. Junk all over the place and a guy that knew where everything was. No organization at all.... Any inventory depended on memory. Somewhere around the 80's, yards started cleaning up their acts. I think it had a lot to do with some yards getting larger, cars getting more complicated, and used part values going up. None of those small "Mom and Pop" yards even exist anymore. The last small yard in the area that I remember went away shortly after Mom shot Pop, but that's another story.

One thing that I know to be true, almost every privately owned yard has a few vehicles off to the side that aren't for sale and aren't to be parted out. Cars that the owner or key employees have put off to the side for themselves. Some may call that hording. I don't.

We've come to expect more organization and maybe professionalism with everything we deal with. Every McDonald's looks the same.... and some folks really like that. Personally, I don't care how Murray does his business as long as he stays doing it for a while.

Murray has always come through for me over decades now and he is simply the best out there. The only others I deal with are Big M Automotive (also another great guy, John) but I mostly go to him for my Forward Look stuff, and I deal with Wildcat Auto Wrecking who are also very good. They pretty much comprise the only people I will deal with anymore.

My last dealings with Wildcat was two separate phone calls trying to get more information on a project car. I figured since I would be only 10 hours away why not buy the project car and tow it home.
My two phone calls and few e mails never yielded any information and I came back to Jersey without the car

My last dealings with Wildcat was two separate phone calls trying to get more information on a project car. I figured since I would be only 10 hours away why not buy the project car and tow it home.
My two phone calls and few e mails never yielded any information and I came back to Jersey without the car

I've made a few offers on their stuff on feebay - reasonable in my mind but never can agree on a price and it is still sitting there....but I still plan to wander through there one day

Back