My 2018 RAM Longhorn

I mean the chrome grill and you do not have that silver piece sticking out on the bottom like the red truck with painted grill.

Your tech was too nice, I'd have included the A-hole tax... :elmer:... I think he did that repair on warranty times. How much was the new dash harness? Or did he use $3 of solder and a full day's labor?:lol:

Kid wouldn’t pay for new harness so solder and tape is what he got....

I think the chrome is only on monotone trucks. All two-tone have painted bumpers.
All of the Southforks are Delmonico Red Pearl and Brown or some sort of white with the bottom half painted brown. However, I think there is 3rd option for the Southfork edition which is that granite dark gray which I think was a monotone but I don't recall if the bumpers were painted or chrome.

Last edited:
I mean the chrome grill and you do not have that silver piece sticking out on the bottom like the red truck with painted grill.

I agree with you. I like the look of the chrome grill over the blackout. I don't care for that silver bottom piece either.....it just doesn't look right to me.

Kid wouldn’t pay for new harness so solder and tape is what he got....

I don't like to call people dumb.....but not paying the extra bucks to get a new wiring harness and fixing it properly is very dumb!

Graham, I have to admit, I admire you for being able to wake up every morning and going to your job. The incredible amount of stupidity you have deal with day in and day out would have broken me years ago.

EDIT: And still remain a great guy on top of it all.

Graham, I have to admit, I admire you for being able to wake up every morning and going to your job. The incredible amount of stupidity you have deal with day in and day out would have broken me years ago.

x2

Thanks Graham for all your help with my Ram and finding all those rare Formal parts for me over the years!

I received a joint letter today from SXM and U-Connect extending my radio service another year because of all the problems I had with the radio.

I didn't see that coming.....

I see FIRE as the next dash hazard for this young man.:realcrazy:
Hopefully not, if the tech did his job well... that will hopefully not be an issue. The problem with a solder joint near a flexible part of the harness is it will vibrate itself into a fracture... voltage drop or intermittent contact is sure to piss off the electronics, the question is how it will present itself.

Imagine turning on one thing and something else starts to operate. We had one with a missing ground... the brake lights turned on the washer pump... one lose screw was the cause.
I see one pissed off second owner. :lol:
IDK... the current owner doesn't sound bright enough to get clear in time... "pull grenade, throw pin" kinda guy I'm guessing.
I forsee a “ran when parked” in its future!
You forgot to mention the for sale ad will try to recoup full NADA for perfect condition+... or maybe even his full investment.

You mean like these? Thanks for the endorsement. His are a little more intricate than mine.

View attachment 164036

View attachment 164038

I went out and looked at my wheels today (must of deleted those pictures by accident) and discovered that my wheels are already 342Apainted with the factory lower body metallic brown paint. Dang, I think they look pretty good and im going to leave them as is.

20180401_205253.jpg
20180401_205310.jpg

I'll probably post another daylight picture in the morning.

I went out and looked at my wheels today (must of deleted those pictures by accident) and discovered that my wheels are already 342Apainted with the factory lower body metallic brown paint. Dang, I think they look pretty good and im going to leave them as is.

View attachment 177407 View attachment 177409
Pretty sure that’s part of the two tone package you have. The really did a nice job of that I think.

Wow how did I miss your post here Stan? Thanks for the kind words and I am sure that many of the friends I have made on this forum would do no less. Laurie and I still talk about the great time we had at your place with Pam Jeff and Viv and are looking forward to a future visit soon!

Back