My lens making thread.

All 3 of the components of the left taillight together, and matching color.

IMG_20180318_174447140.jpg
IMG_20180318_174313386.jpg

I know you have worked hard to get to this point and that there will be more hard work in the future too, I applaud your enthusiasm and stickittoitiveness. ;)

It all looks great. I'm impressed.

Now you have to think about slush casting some washer bottles for the fusie crowd.

It all looks great. I'm impressed.

Now you have to think about slush casting some washer bottles for the fusie crowd.

Interesting concept. That would be the only way to do it, but I don't know how pretty it would be, I presume they are clear. If they were a solid color it would hide the inconsistency of the thickness.

Interesting concept. I presume the wash bottles are clear, it would work if it was a solid color but the irregular interior would look rather funky in a clear bottle.

Last edited:
This is almost beyond description to compliment you Mike.
simply jaw dropping is all I can come up with.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Interesting concept. I presume the wash bottles are clear, it would work if it was a solid color but the irregular interior would look rather funky in a clear bottle.

They make a lot of plastic tanks using a similar method called "slush molding" or "rotational molding" where they use a heated mold. I believe that is the method they used to make the washer bottle.

When the reproduction washer bottles hit the market, they were always a brighter white color than the original and less translucent. Now I wonder if the thickness was the reason for that... or as you mention, perhaps to hide the inconsistency.

Back