My new 1972 Imperial purchase delivered today.

Thank you...yours turned out very nice.
BTW...does anyone know if the "LeBaron" lettering/script on the vinyl top right behind rear window is all adhesive connection? or is it post and nut like the "Imperial" lettering.

BTW...does anyone know if the "LeBaron" lettering/script on the vinyl top right behind rear window is all adhesive connection? or is it post and nut like the "Imperial" lettering.
What I mean is do I have to take apart the headliner to access any nuts?

Maybe these are pressed on and with adhesive and a nut like gizmo.
lebaron.jpg

I was lucky to find another set of IMPERIAL letters for the other rear qtr panel...also the removal of the red interior pieces on Big Red became a lot easier when I found the plastic pillars and rear seat head panels below pillow
Bigredletters2.jpg
bigreda.jpg
bigredintbestie.jpg
available from a donor car in the correct color=Spinnaker white or egg shell. I have the headrests back on and sun visors...last missing pieces are the door panels where they were painted red...I may just scrub.

Glad it's coming together for you and you're making the car right again! Nice job in getting it back to all its grandeur.

Glad it's coming together for you and you're making the car right again! Nice job in getting it back to all its grandeur.
Thanks...it's a fun journey finding parts and cleaning up some old ones...making it my own...I do shake my head daily on why certain trim was removed and certain things painted...But, that was someone else's taste and vision I guess. I am certainly learning more and more about this body style everyday and lovin' it.

The sleeve shown press fits into the hole and the emblem is pressed into it.
You can remove the emblem by prying it off VERY CAREFULLY.
Replacement sleeves are available.
View attachment 137266
I have alot of parts on their way in the mail yet...you mentioned those compression sleeves are available for the "Lebaron" emblem. Do you have a good resource for those particular pieces if they are new replacement pieces? Thanks.

I purchased a set for the "Chrysler" letters for rear finish panel on my Newport. let me see if I can find the site. (IIRC, it was fee-bay)

here ya go, Doc...im assuming the size of the spikes on yours are the same diameter as mine. I also put a link to my thread where I restored my tail panel.

Chrysler Emblem & Trim Retainers 62 & Up A/B/C/E Body (25 Pk) #12 | eBay

Tail Panel and Assorted Trim
Thank you. I will check sizes when the emblems arrives. It's like Xmas Eve waiting for parts to arrive and open...I've got emblems, letters, interior pieces, steering wheel, brake booster, master cylinder, steering column, etc...coming soon.

Thank you. I will check sizes when the emblems arrives. It's like Xmas Eve waiting for parts to arrive and open...I've got emblems, letters, interior pieces, steering wheel, brake booster, master cylinder, steering column, etc...coming soon.
Wish I had that problem. :poke:

Wish I had that problem. :poke:
The hard part is time is running out for driving in great weather...Although I have driven my cars up to Thanksgiving in Minnesota in some good years...The Imperial will stay close by in third stall all winter...the others will be tucked away tight for a Winter's nap.

The hard part is time is running out for driving in great weather...Although I have driven my cars up to Thanksgiving in Minnesota in some good years...The Imperial will stay close by in third stall all winter...the others will be tucked away tight for a Winter's nap.
I drive til the snow flies then it's garaged til spring.

Not sure if it is the same, but the C pillar Chrysler emblem on the '70 300 and the '73 New Yorker are fastened by nuts only accessible from under the rear sail panels. I thought they were barrel clips as well until I busted one of the pins trying to pry it off with a flat blade.

Not sure if it is the same, but the C pillar Chrysler emblem on the '70 300 and the '73 New Yorker are fastened by nuts only accessible from under the rear sail panels. I thought they were barrel clips as well until I busted one of the pins trying to pry it off with a flat blade.
I'm waiting for the 2 emblems to be delivered for close inspection...i'm hoping just compression pin (as another veteran forum member highlighted) and I hope easy location of original holes...i'm afraid previous owner may have filled in before new vinyl over...I suppose if I get correct diameter and make template I could start from scratch and drill.

Back