My new 1972 Imperial purchase delivered today.

Unless I just remove the sail panel and inspect? Probably have to just remove rear seat to acess sail panel screws...?

Unless I just remove the sail panel and inspect? Probably have to just remove rear seat to acess sail panel screws...?
Do you have a FSM (Factory Service Manual)? You can download them, I don't remember the link, someone will chime in. I have the books at hand a lot.

Do you have a FSM (Factory Service Manual)? You can download them, I don't remember the link, someone will chime in. I have the books at hand a lot.
20170812_090927.jpg
just chassis manual for now.

First set of Imperial lettering came in mail...little flashing around edges. Tried the black paint/acetone method just to see effect...probably should grind off flashing first.
20170814_151647.jpg
20170814_151546.jpg

You
First set of Imperial lettering came in mail...little flashing around edges. Tried the black paint/acetone method just to see effect...probably should grind off flashing first.View attachment 138123 View attachment 138124
Don't waste any time, do you? I've had emblems for decades and never got around to making them look pretty, think I'm gonna give this a try.

That car will be cool to see in person next year!

BTW...the paint/acetone method was recommended by a veteran member here...I can't find the link...please chime in...it's working nice I think.

You

Don't waste any time, do you? I've had emblems for decades and never got around to making them look pretty, think I'm gonna give this a try.

That car will be cool to see in person next year!
I can't get the brakes done fast enough so I can drive it...master and booster delivered by Wednesday. Shop is gonna drag it out of garage maybe Thursday...maybe after the weekend I can put the rubber on the road.

What the hell is flashing? Aside from the obvious, extrovert, that shows his "Junk". Lol

Anyway, if you want the real good nail polish remover for your parts, I suggest what my wife uses, go down to the hardware store and buy a quart can of acetone. It works 100 times better than that perfumey, watered down nail polish remover your wife buys, at the local Rite Aid. And she'll thank you for it too! One swipe and it's gone!

Back