My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Vin ends in 01769 and 3235 coupes were built that year. I'm not sure if the vin indicates that it was the 1769 Chrysler product or Imperial ordered that year?

Missed by over a month lucky he even opens the power vents for you. :).

That is a early build date have you ever noticed anything that changed later in the year, what was the production number?
That car is so spoiled and it knows it.

Did you forget about Nick???

Vin ends in 01769 and 3235 coupes were built that year. I'm not sure if the vin indicates that it was the 1769 Chrysler product or Imperial ordered that year?
Interesting. Here is the fender tag from my 67 ,also an early one
DSCN1419.JPG

Wow, our cars are very close together in scheduled production date and shipping order numbers but what are the last 6 of your vin?

It would be the 1769th Vin assigned at that plant (Jefferson). Each plant started at 100001. So your VIN must be 101769.

And if I'm reading the tag correctly mine was built a day later,yet has a lower production number?

By "lower production number" do you mean the sales order number 14641? The sales order number is, generally, unrelated to production sequence in this context.

If by lower number you mean your VIN, that is not uncommon either. One can find lower VINs with a higher SPD. Vins were assigned then the order could be held up for a variety of reasons.

Wow, our cars are very close together in scheduled production date and shipping order numbers but what are the last 6 of your vin?
By "lower production number" do you mean the sales order number 14641? The sales order number is, generally, unrelated to production sequence in this context.

If by lower number you mean your VIN, that is not uncommon either. One can find lower VINs with a higher SPD. Vins were assigned then the order could be held up for a variety of reasons.
And now I am totally confused...

Thanks Doug!
Don't be confused Imperialman, you were the only one using those words. The number on the tag you were referring to is a shipping order number.

Still interested in the last 5 of your vin.

Thanks Doug!
Don't be confused Imperialman, you were the only one using those words. The number on the tag you were referring to is a shipping order number.

Thanks for the correction. I got into the bad habit of calling it the Sales Order number. The correct term is Shipping Order....

Back