My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Yeah Bob think this through, I don't know how often you find one that will get greasy under the hood!

Yeah Bob think this through, I don't know how often you find one that will get greasy under the hood!

I had one once..... She used to wrench on her own cars though and not mine. She had a lot going for her too. Smart, good looking, high paying job, rich family.. the whole deal. Our relationship was pretty crazy most of the time. I got into two bar fights because of her. At least I won those. She rolled her 68 Camaro late one night... unfortunately I was in it at the time. We walked away, but the same night two very close buddies of mine were killed by a drunk driver. She didn't understand why I was upset. I think that defined cold hearted ***** for me.

But screw her.... I saw a picture of her last year and she sure didn't age well....

Mrs. Big John is great though.... She doesn't pick up a wrench or get dirty but just the other day she stitched up a small tear in my convertible boot. In fact, she drove the 300 for the first time last night and loves the car even more now. I just wish I met her years ago.

Good stuff Big John! You know the best part is that my girl isn't working on my Imperial because I asked her to or that she even wants to.....

I feel like I have been under a rock, I don't know how I have missed this thread. Beautiful work Matt. I makes me want to pull and engine too....not, but your engine is looking great and I am sure will be running great too. Your engine is going to pop in the engine bay.:eek:ccasion14:

Ya, I don't expect any woman to work on the NYB. But I do expect her to ride it in it once in a while.

And it's in!!! :eek:s_dancing2:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I will for sure and I did confirm that I would not have been able to put the fully assembled engine back in with the hood on.

Quick update and then back to work on it, I still have a couple of hours in me tonite.
hooked the engine and trans together, installed starter, cleaned and lubed up the new lifters and installed them a d got the heads on. I still want to clean and install the rest of the valve train and install the intake tonite. I leave in two weeks.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Two long weeks of waiting for two dayz of overdose. Whatz wrong with that picture?

I see temp's in the desert out west in the 120's.....

Perfect......it'll slide over Carlisle just in time for the big show!!!!

Please don't make me regret being one of few Imperial owners w/out a/c.....

image.jpg

Still time to get yourself a swamp cooler. :)

swamp-cooler-3.jpg

swamp-cooler-3.jpg

Back