N8-96XJ's '65 Fury III build

Thanks! That means alot. I appreciate everyones help from the forum! I've never had a classic car before (spent years with 5.0 Mustangs and Jeeps). I've always wanted one tho. Ironically i came close about ten years ago to buying a '68 Chrysler 300 at the Charlotte Auto Fair, still kick myself! Guess i was meant to be a "C" owner after all tho. Just want to do it justice i guess!

That is a great color!
Thanks!

a 68 300 is a tough car to walk away from
Long story... Worked a deal to buy it. Then the guy i went with bought a late 80's Buick wagon. The guy with the 300 trailered it up from Fla. and would'nt deliver it for me 100 miles away for th $250 cash i had left. So i had to follow an ugly Buick all the way home thinking about what could have been...

I'm glad you have a classic Mopar now!
Me too! It's about time!

It'll look great when it's done. Keep us posted with picture's please.
I think it will too! And i will post some more pics. Just slow going without a heated shop. I don't care for cold weather! Gonna try to hunt down some interior pieces and a few other things... We'll be back on the body work once it warms back up!

I've got my NY'er parked outside and covered up. Waiting for better weather myself.

A bright light in the darkness of the
Donker tsunami.

(Sent using Forum Runner)
Ha ha! I would never "donk" any car. Any car! Although i do think lift kits and big tires have their place. As i've said before i'm a Jeep guy as well. Unfortunately if i did'nt spend so much time and money on my "Heep", my Fury would be further along, and vice-versa... I have a 4.5" lift kit sitting on my bedroom floor along with a few other necessary parts to run some 33X12.50s. The only good thing about winter time is knowing i can brave snowy conditions and have fun doing it!
My 96XJ ('96 Cherokee) Oh, and my name is Nathan or Nate (N8-96XJ)...
024 (1024x740).jpg

024 (1024x740).jpg

Last edited:
Yeah those two doors are nice! That looks like about a 4.5" lift and 33s. Might be a little bigger? Sad to say there are donks running around that would dwarf that Jeep. Mine does'nt have a lift yet, i've been next to some at redlights. It's wierd, lookin up at a car!

Chrysler should never have stopped making them. I'd buy a new one tomorrow if I could get one.
They couldn't make it meet the upcoming Federal safety standards.
Yet Smart cars are running around like cockroaches.
Sometimes you just have to think WTF....

As far as a fuel injected engine goes, these 4.0Ls are very easy to work on. They'll run forever if you treat them right. And i think they made like 12 million Cherokees, so they are easy to find cheap parts for. Plus they have great aftermarket support.

They couldn't make it meet the upcoming Federal safety standards.
Yet Smart cars are running around like cockroaches.
Sometimes you just have to think WTF....

Seen a few smart cars on the side of the road during my trip back east during the storm on the 26th. They weren't too smart.....

Smart cars, only a few of those running around here. I may see one a week, Hardly ever see one. There are six new generation Challengers within a four block radius of me.

I'm lucky if I see ONE all day. That day I saw three of them pulled over on the side of the turnpikes.

Back