Name that girl

Didn't see these until the answer was posted about Jane Mansfield, but I was going to ask: "Is her daughter on a television show that has run for 22 years?"

Age 58 now. Born in California to famous parents.

She has achieved career successes, in her own right, in a similar profession as her parents' line of work.

Three clues.

1. The start of this game it can be said, literally begins right "above her head"
2. So to get on track, you really need not go very far back.
3. And if you "do the math", you should be able to stay on right path.

This one is intended to be difficult (maybe even "tricky) ... but not really. The cryptic clues send you right where you need to be -- if you don't recognize her (I didn't) by her HS yearbook pic.

Answer tomorrow or confirmation if someone names her.

View attachment 534670
Nope, I'm still comfortably under the rock. I haven't experienced any of her work.

work crisis on vaction ... so my day is changing so we'll go now.

#1,460 Mariska Hargitay

We have in the years this thread has run used an immediately finished game to start another. Since so many of you folks appeared to know lot about Jayne, I figured it was also known Mariska is one of Jayne's daughters.

"Right above her head" is post #1,459 on Jayne Mansfiled. So you "need not go back very far" -- to indicate the clue to get you focused on Mariska was right there on top of you was the second clue.

Third clue then was if you then "did the math" -- figure out her age in 1967, you'd get age three (the widely known age Mariska was when her mom died - Jayne's oldest daughter, also an actor, was born in 1950).

Mariska's dad was Mickey Hargitay, Jayne's second husband, a former "Mr. Universe" winner turned actor. They divorced in 1964 when Mariska was a baby. Jayne had three kids with Mickey and all three were in the accident with Jayne.

Mickey (he died in 2006 at age 80) and his third wife (he remaried in 1967) raised Mariska and her brothers. Lotta stuff out there from Mariska herself about her mother and family, the joy/pain, etc. over the years.

Mariska has been on Law & Order - SVU since 1999 .. the show itself 20+ years on TV. She has, right next to her mother's, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

When Mariska got hers (last photo), she shared the HWofF moment with three of her four sibs (youngest brother [with Jayne's third husband, b. Oct 1966] was not there).

UntitledEE2ccc123.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812Z.png

1654086570950.png
1654088081042.png

1654087721253.png

Last edited:
Her Husband, Peter Hermann, has appeared in a number of SVU episodes with her, and he plays Erin's Ex in Blue Bloods. Saw him on a commercial yesterday!

Personally, Mariska Hagerty has always reminded me of my daughter!

Picture is of my children at my Son's College Graduation.

20140503_203957.jpg

I could watch Law and Order SVU all day, and have. One of the shows I could get mom to calm down and watch when we were having one of her bad days, during the lockdowns.
And you know you've made it when Mike Myers uses your name as a running gag in The Love Guru.
920ddd7f-45a4-432a-8800-2b119a6b1d77_text - 2022-06-01T132158.576.gif

Age 72 (dang) now. Actor, born in New York City. Real first name is "Susan", and she's an Ivy leaguer to boot (Yale).

She's been in at least 50 movies, lots of TV, and numerous stage productions.

Has a couple worldwide, billion dollar grossing movie franchises under her belt. Multiple award winner/nominee (Oscars, Golden Globe, BAFTA, SAG, Emmys, etc) across multiple/diverse genres. Chances are you've seen her in something.

She's one actor who has turned into a senior citizen and looks the same .. just obviously older. Here in her mid-late teens, as a sci-fi fan I knew her instantly from this picture.

I believe this one to be very easy. Answer/confirmation tomorrow evening EDT.

UntitledEE2ccc1 - Copy.png

Last edited:
Back