Name that girl

Man, some of you guys are sleeping out there. She was absolutely electra-fying in the 90's and 2000's. I've heard her song though. Good thing she is pretty. Not even an Artist as capable as Mr. Nelson could help her.
I didn't have a clue until I read your response, I needed the extra little nudge to guess her.

Eva Longoria is gorgeous, Uma Thurman doesn't do anything for me although I liked her in Kill Bill, and Carmen Electra is also gorgeous but I haven't seen her in anything, nor do I wish to.

Difficult one. Or really easy .. kinda depends on one's generally knowlege of vehicle safety.

Hold on .. you'll see, or learn something surprising if you didnt know the story :)

She would have been 89 years old now. She died, however, in a tragic accident at age 34.

Actor, model, she was born in Pennsylvania.

Her public personna -- flashy hair color, family life (three spouses & five children), clothing (or lack thereof sometimes) that emphasized certain "assets", etc., -- was well documented in photos and print.

Along with another woman with a similarly "marketed" image in the 1950's and 1960's, she left an impact on American culture with her lifestyle and untimely (at a relatively young age), shocking death.

In particular though, this lady's death and controversy/rumor around the specific circustances that persist to this day, helped back then to accelerate a mandated safety change -- on every road, everywhere, every day, in the world.

If you get her from this picture as a 16 year old, that would be extraordinary recognition. I only see the resemblance after knowing who it is.

Answer in a couple days unless somebody names her before that.

UntitledEE2ccc1 - Copy.png

I googled the clue and there she was. The specific safety item wasn't mentioned, but easy enough to figure out especially if you are a trucker.

Yep, I'm with Big John as well on this one. Just a couple sentences of the clues and I was pretty sure even before seeing the photo.

40-21-35 Amazing! :thumbsup:

Even with no particular knowledge of vehicle safety this was an easy one. But I mostly know her from her colourful portrets.

#1,445 Jayne Mansfield (birth name Vera Jayne Palmer)

No need to wait. Turned out to be much easier than I thought going in --and/or you folks are pretty good at this. :)

Jayne's first husband was Paul Mansfield. She eloped with him when she was 17 in 1950 and pregnant with her first of five children. She did many things in the 1950's to start her career as a "sex symbol" on stage & screen, in America and Britain.

Naturally dark-haired, she dyed her hair "platinum blonde", and emphasized her face and figure as many of her contemporaries - Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner, Mamie Van Doren, Sophia Loren, Bridget Bardot, Anita Ekberg, Kim Novak, etc., - competed for sexiest, most shapely starlet recognition.

Sophia Loren (see the famous photo) in 1957 in Beverly Hills where she seems to be eye-ballin' Jayne's "assets" -- after Jayne sorta crashed a party Paramount Pictures threw for Sophia.

Her life story is well-documented. Unfortunately, her life ended tragically in a gruesome (seriously -- it was really bad and the ugly nature of it is still out there if you go looking, so careful if that stuff bugs you) car accident in the summer of 1967.

She was with her lawyer/boyfriend, a driver from the club she had appeared at that night, and she had three of her young children (two boys and a girl) in the backseat of a '66 Buick Electra (see the photo).

On their way late at night from Biloxi MS to New Orleans, the car rear-ended a truck trailer, slid under it and had its roof sheared off, and Jayne and the two men were killed instantly. The three children survived with minor injuries.

What came from that accident was the colloquially-named "Mansfield Bar" -- it goes by other formal safety/regulatory names but the function is to try to prevent what happened to Jayne (and many other people over the previous years).

Standard equipment mandated by federal law, given regulatory emphasis soon after Jayne's accident, was finally enacted.

UntitledEE2ccc12812A.png
UntitledEE2ccc123.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812H.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812Z.png
UntitledEE2ccc123F.png

Last edited:
Age 58 now. Born in California to famous parents.

She has achieved career successes, in her own right, in a similar profession as her parents' line of work.

Three clues.

1. The start of this game it can be said, literally begins right "above her head"
2. So to get on track, you really need not go very far back.
3. And if you "do the math", you should be able to stay on right path.

This one is intended to be difficult (maybe even "tricky) ... but not really. The cryptic clues send you right where you need to be -- if you don't recognize her (I didn't) by her HS yearbook pic.

Answer tomorrow or confirmation if someone names her.

UntitledEE2ccc123.png

Back