Name that girl

I knew her ... have seen most of the movies she's been in, but I must confess to NOT being a LOTR follower.

Seems we all spend time "under the granite" in some area(s):... I'd fail a LOTR quiz, of ANY kind, miserably. :)

Last edited:
I knew her ... have seen most of the movies she's been in, but I must confess to NOT being a LOTR follower.

Seems we all spend time "under the granite" in some area(s):... I'd fail a LOTR quiz, of ANY kind, miserably. :)
I had to look up what "LOTR" was, so I guess I fall in that category. I'm more of a "Better Call Saul" fan.

I had to look up what "LOTR" was, so I guess I fall in that category. I'm more of a "Better Call Saul" fan.
I am a new "Saul' fan ... hadnt seen an episode in all these years, binge watched on Netflix starting this past christmas to catch up the this final season on AMC.

cant wait to see how it ends ... it is (was) a good show

Age 35. Actor. Born in England.

I recognized her from this pic of her as a 4 year old .. but honestly NOT from the mega TV role for which she is known worldwide (for the last half of the 2010 decade) -- and I did NOT watch that show until its 8th and final season (that ended three years ago this month).

I knew her face more from one of a franchise of movies that debuted in the mid 1980's -- after the one movie she starred in as a major series character, she "wont be back".

I also knew her from another franchise of movies that started in 1977, and that are never that "far, far away" from a major streaming channel near you.

Answer tomorrow or I will confirm if someone posts her.

UntitledEE2ccc123N.png

I recognized her from this pic of her as a 4 year old .. but honestly NOT from the mega TV role for which she is known worldwide (for the last half of the 2010 decade) -- and I did NOT watch that show until its 8th and final season (that ended three years ago this month).

I knew her face more from one of a franchise of movies that debuted in the mid 1980's -- after the one movie she starred in as a major series character, she "wont be back".

I also knew her from another franchise of movies that started in 1977, and that are never that "far, far away" from a major streaming channel near you.

View attachment 531632
Well...not quite "worldwide".:rofl:

Ha! Suck on that, I know this one. Getting out from under that rock, it is nice to feel the sun on my skin again

View attachment 531632
Ah, the eyes again. She loves dragons!

LOTR quiz? There would be two: one for the books, the other for the movies. The movies traveled far from the books.

LOTR quiz? There would be two: one for the books, the other for the movies. The movies traveled far from the books.
i didnt know there was a difference chief twixt the books vs. films. Another effect of being under a granite boulder on LOTR related stuff. And the only reason I know that acronym at all is the NYT crossword puzzles :)

I like fiction as much as the next person, Most stuff is fiction .. with a particular genre as a descriptor. LOTR is in the "fantasy fiction" genre -- a very popular one. I am not into that genre .. wizards, magic, potions, and a host things that have NO scientific plausibility .. dont hold my attention for long.

Now "science fiction"? I am all in because most things in that genre just cannot YET be done (e.g., warp drive, teleportation, etc) vs. a mixing potion to turn a frog into a prince (no way that EVER can/will be done).

The fantasy fiction genre made our girl at #1,365 rich and famous though, while itself making its producers $300M a year (third party estimate) for 8 years worldwide off her show.

Again, though I aint one of them, a ton of folks worldwide love their "fantasy fiction"!

:thumbsup:

I had to cheat, but I got #1365. Actually watched the series she was in too, but only after Mrs. Big John insisted we watch.

I had to cheat, but I got #1365. Actually watched the series she was in too, but only after Mrs. Big John insisted we watch.
I got bullied at work to watch the final season ... come to work every week and asking a buncha questions because nothing had any context for me :)

Apparently the eighth season was kind of a letdown compared to the previous seasons but I have to admit I haven't seen a single episode

I got bullied at work to watch the final season ... come to work every week and asking a buncha questions because nothing had any context for me :)
We binge watched the whole series. It dragged a little here and there, and when it went off into fantasy land I usually dozed off... But it actually was a decent watch. Mrs. Big John loves that stuff, so she could fill in any missing (or forgotten) parts for me.

i didnt know there was a difference chief twixt the books vs. films. Another effect of being under a granite boulder on LOTR related stuff. And the only reason I know that acronym at all is the NYT crossword puzzles :)

I like fiction as much as the next person, Most stuff is fiction .. with a particular genre as a descriptor. LOTR is in the "fantasy fiction" genre -- a very popular one. I am not into that genre .. wizards, magic, potions, and a host things that have NO scientific plausibility .. dont hold my attention for long.

Now "science fiction"? I am all in because most things in that genre just cannot YET be done (e.g., warp drive, teleportation, etc) vs. a mixing potion to turn a frog into a prince (no way that EVER can/will be done).

The fantasy fiction genre made our girl at #1,365 rich and famous though, while itself making its producers $300M a year (third party estimate) for 8 years worldwide off her show.

Again, though I aint one of them, a ton of folks worldwide love their "fantasy fiction"!

:thumbsup:
It doesn't do anything for me either.

Back