Name that girl

#1,365 Emilia Clarke

Emilia, as I came to know her from promotion of the HBO show she was on, -- GoT - Game of Thrones. (fantasy fiction genre).

I called her the "Dragon Ldy", so I had to look up the characters name - Daenerys Targaryen - cuz I confessed to never having watched the show until the final season. Still didnt retain knowlege of any character name though.

But, it was so popular, and her character so integral to the GoT story, I easily recognized Ms. Clarke's face, cemented when I watched the final season.

I see why people liked GoT (my kids included).. despite the UN-scientific fantasy that I am not a follower of, I was actually pleasantly surprised there was drama, betrayal, medieval "sex, drugs, and rock & roll", suspense, etc. I heard GoT diehards thought final season was kinda a downer, vs, the previous 7 years though

She was also Sarah Conner in Terminator Genisys - a not-so-good, one and done, pre-quel IMHO in that franchise. She also was a co-star in Solo: a Star Wars Story - a pre-qual attempt in the Star Wars franchise -- it was just okay to me, but we probably wont see another one of those either

UntitledEE2ccc123N.png
UntitledEE2ccc123L.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812Z.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812A.png
UntitledEE2ccc123F.png
1652746243059.png

#1,365 Emilia Clarke

Emilia, as I came to know her from promotion of the HBO show she was on, -- GoT - Game of Thrones. (fantasy fiction genre).

I called her the "Dragon Ldy", so I had to look up the characters name - Daenerys Targaryen - cuz I confessed to never having watched the show until the final season. Still didnt retain knowlege of any character name though.

But, it was so popular, and her character so integral to the GoT story, I easily recognized Ms. Clarke's face, cemented when I watched the final season.

I see why people liked GoT (my kids included).. despite the UN-scientific fantasy that I am not a follower of, I was actually pleasantly surprised there was drama, betrayal, medieval "sex, drugs, and rock & roll", suspense, etc. I heard GoT diehards thought final season was kinda a downer, vs, the previous 7 years though

She was also Sarah Conner in Terminator Genisys - a not-so-good, one and done, pre-quel IMHO in that franchise. She also was a co-star in Solo: a Star Wars Story - a pre-qual attempt in the Star Wars franchise -- it was just okay to me, but we probably wont see another one of those either

View attachment 531851View attachment 531850View attachment 531848View attachment 531847View attachment 531849View attachment 531852

never herd of her

I see why people liked GoT (my kids included).. despite the UN-scientific fantasy that I am not a follower of, I was actually pleasantly surprised there was drama, betrayal, medieval "sex, drugs, and rock & roll", suspense, etc.
Peter Dinklage made me laugh a lot.

Age 40 now. Singer/songwriter mostly, sometimes actor. Born in Texas.

My millenial-aged kids gave me this girl. SHould be pretty easy though even if you're not a fan. :)

She's "big" (well known) .. big enough now to be known by one professional name (ala "Madonna", "Rihanna", "Cher", etc) as an entertainer.

One of the biggest selling, award-winning, recording artists (to qualify artist has to have over 75 million "record" unit sales), in the world, all time (measured from second half of 20th century to date by Billboard).

I am not a fan of her music - nothing wrong with it judging by her commercial success worldwide a lotta folks like her stuff -- so I can't tell you/even hint at one song she's ever done out of her huge portfolio of work.

Fella she's married to is also an entertainer/mogul type now .. goes by "one name too", btw. They have double the wealth/fame/media presence of most prominent couples as a result.

Since I dont follow her music, reason I know her face pretty well is she's famous enough to have main-stream media coverage well beyond her profession.

I also did not immediately know her from this picture at 9 years old, but I had a darn good guess because she's always, together with hubby sometimes, in the media for one personal (e.g., having kids)/professional (e.g., winning another Grammy) thing or another.

Answer tomorrow or confirmation before that if someone names her.

UntitledEE2ccc12812H.png

Last edited:
It's nice to finally have a glimpse of sunlight.

Yeah, her music isn't in my wheelhouse, and neither is her husband's (strictly based on my coast preference) but there's no denying her success. I did like her portrayal as a "Foxxy" Egyptian queen.

I watched the first two episodes of Game of Thrones, having already come to like Emilia Clarke, and found myself wondering, "Why did this show become so popular." I thought those episodes were terrible and did not watch the third, or any after that. My Son, who loved it until the last episode, was quite disappointed in me.

I watched the first two episodes of Game of Thrones, having already come to like Emilia Clarke, and found myself wondering, "Why did this show become so popular." I thought those episodes were terrible and did not watch the third, or any after that. My Son, who loved it until the last episode, was quite disappointed in me.
my kds reminded me I did see ONE episode with them in season one ...happened to be the one they killed Sean Bean's character. I didnt see another episode til season 8.

I am told, however, the Red Wedding was "epic" .. these sum-guns on that show were murderous! :)

Age 40 now. Singer/songwriter mostly, sometimes actor. Born in Texas.

My millenial-aged kids gave me this girl. SHould be pretty easy though even if you're not a fan. :)

She's "big" (well known) .. big enough now to be known by one professional name (ala "Madonna", "Rihanna", "Cher", etc) as an entertainer.

One of the biggest selling, award-winning, recording artists (to qualify artist has to have over 75 million "record" unit sales), in the world, all time (measured from second half of 20th century to date by Billboard).

I am not a fan of her music - nothing wrong with it judging by her commercial success worldwide a lotta folks like her stuff -- so I can't tell you/even hint at one song she's ever done out of her huge portfolio of work.

Fella she's married to is also an entertainer/mogul type now .. goes by "one name too", btw. They have double the wealth/fame/media presence of most prominent couples as a result.

Since I dont follow her music, reason I know her face pretty well is she's famous enough to have main-stream media coverage well beyond her profession.

I also did not immediately know her from this picture at 9 years old, but I had a darn good guess because she's always, together with hubby sometimes, in the media for one personal (e.g., having kids)/professional (e.g., winning another Grammy) thing or another.

Answer tomorrow or confirmation before that if someone names her.

View attachment 531885
Well what do you know I wild-*** guessed right, but without your "goes by one name" clue I would have had no guess at all, and I couldn't even begin to tell you any of her songs. I'm going back under the rock now.

Back