Name that girl

Drum roll..... The answer is Annette Funicello.

Annette Funicello - Wikipedia

tte-funicello-an-original-mouseketeer-1350974045_b.jpg

Shown here with her Larry Watson painted T-Bird.

6b161eac8de2906319d4ff6f438af14a.jpg

Its fall and time to try set of games for anyone interested? In a couple days, cool? See if there are any legs left in this one after running seven years.

This isn't the game .. just a "couple gimmes" to get the brain cells firing. They are way to EZ for the game to be any fun. :) (Shirley Temple, and Taylor Swift, btw).

1695598037279.png

Recall, with respect, for us 10 or so "die-hard" players of the game, for causal observers, and new people who might pick it up. there are some voluntary "rules" on the honor system.

1. Its supposed to be a fun diversion ..,not a competition .. emphasis on "fun" .. that a few of our "non-gear head" family and friends like to play along too. And they are usually good at it.

2. However one plays the game is one's own business (free country, subject to forum rules so the thread can stay up), but PLEASE if you know her, just maybe say you know and then let the game run for others who wanna exercise their brains trying to name that girl

3. These womens' "politics" is not really relevant ..that;s all one's personal choice if you care about tht. However, it tends not to have anything to do with the rest of usl. And it sorta has little relevance to what they looked like as youngsters or teenagers compared to when they were/are all grown up.

4. we tend to pick them given their exposure in popular print/digital media and/or nationally-recognized music/entertainment/news venues. Sometimes they are known for "cheesecake", sometimes they are famous for other "newsworthy" reasons other than swimsuit pics.

5. Hate the girl's guts? Don't like her looks? Cool .. but really any need to burn 'em down for that? Perhaps not.

6. Clues and pics fom the OP's. That's how we I/D them. We can also "google" their pics directly and find them with NO other work, but that's "cheating" so to speak.

7. Cant/don't feel like sleuthing it out? Cool. Lotta room under the "rock" :poke: I find myself there often. When I dunno them from their little kid pics/clues. I can't then claim to have "solved" the mystery woman puzzle so I "cheat".
untitledee2ccc123l-png.png

:thumbsup:

I only got Shirley Temple on the "gimmie" pictures, so I'll be under the rock if you need me. Ahhh, it's just like I left it under here.

I only got Shirley Temple on the "gimmie" pictures, so I'll be under the rock if you need me. Ahhh, it's just like I left it under here.
I'll dust off the "Crowd" under the rock icon then. Extra sets of eyes, and somebody at the door, in case its necessary:poke:
1695600724530.png

Game on. Really EZ one to start I think. :)

Please let it run if you get her right away.. I am sure a few of you will get her instantly. You can just post "I got her" if you wish. A few others, it may take a while to get her.

I have 6-7 girls in the queue, mix of older and younger, living and gone, etc., as usual. Again, we'll see if game has any legs.

Oh, one game at a time please. OP's maybe give it a few hours before posting a new game?

:thankyou:

Still very much alive. Born 1958, and a California gal.

Actor
, 45 years since her big break in on network TV ("da plane, boss, da plane"), then movies, where she became, and still as a senior citizen, a very "bankable" star.

Been in 50+ major studio movies, both supporting and starring roles, grossing over $4B worldwide, so she's well-known.

Walk of Fame, nominations, and she's won some awards. Less of the "pretty blonde girl" role as she got older, but she's had memorable, diverse roles over those years. May not be "A" lister anymore, but she has aged well and still looks good IMHO.

Here as a HS senior, so about age 18, still carrying some "baby fat" on her face. Hasn't changed much to me .. just older.

Answer tomorrow midday. Again, this girl won't take long to get I predict.

1695660667311.png

Last edited:
Game on. Really EZ one to start I think. :)

Please let it run if you get her right away.. I am sure a few of you will get her instantly. You can just post "I got her" if you wish. A few others, it may take a while to get her.

I have 6-7 girls in the queue, mix of older and younger, living and gone, etc., as usual. Again, we'll see if game has any legs.

Oh, one game at a time please. OP's maybe give it a few hours before posting a new game?

:thankyou:

Still very much alive. Born 1958, and a California gal.

Actor
, 45 years since her big break in on network TV ("da plane, boss, da plane"), then movies, where she became, and still as a senior citizen, a very "bankable" star.

Been in 50+ major studio movies, both supporting and starring roles, grossing over $4B worldwide, so she's well-known.

Walk of Fame, nominations, and she's won some awards. Less of the "pretty blonde girl" role as she got older, but she's had memorable, diverse roles over those years. May not be "A" lister anymore, but she has aged well and still looks good IMHO.

Here as a HS senior, so about age 18, still carrying some "baby fat" on her face. Hasn't changed much to me .. just older.

Answer tomorrow midday. Again, this girl won't take long to get I predict.

View attachment 619037
She looks similar to another celebrity in this picture, that was my first guess. I got her after quick searching. She made a great case for messy hair in @MetalManiacAZ reference film.

She looks similar to another celebrity in this picture, that was my first guess. I got her after quick searching. She made a great case for messy hair in @MetalManiacAZ reference film.
you'll have to consider regaling us at the end who she looked like to you when she was 18 then :). I guess I can see a little Susan Dey in her at first glance, who BTW is 70 now.

1695756580933.png

Dayum ... makes me quit wondering who that "old Man in the Mirror" is. Time flies.

Last edited:
home stretch on #1,805. A few folks clearly got her. Answer noon-ish EDT today.

The following IS a hint -

1695733440573.png

Fair game to use as you wish. Not a misdirection, but right on the path-- Should get ya right there. Really.:)

For anyone still trying to work clues and not quite ready to go here. :poke:

1695733953119.png

Last edited:
1,805 Michelle Pfeiffer.

I put her in another thread recently, thinking we had done her years ago in THIS game, but I couldn't find her. I must be slippin":)

They don't get much bigger as movie stars than this lady. She got her start of TV in 1978 on Fantasy Island (da plane, boss, da plane), she was Catwoman in a Batman (Keaton) movie, and she was drug lord Tony Montana's squeeze "Elvira" in Scarface.

Age 65 and looking good. Shocked the world, figuratively for people who care about that kinda stuff, by going WITHOUT makeup and with graying hair to mark the occasion on Instagram a few months ago. All made up, senior citizen and all, in photo at bottom for comparison.

Ill put up another game tonight if no OP steps up with one before that.

1695744455153.png

vintage pics of women & cars
1695744499787.png

1695744859928.png
1695745017519.png
1695744931446.png
1695744761590.png
1923 stude(1).jpg

1923 stude.jpeg

1,805 Michelle Pfeiffer.

She got her start of TV in 1978 on Fantasy Island (da plane, boss, da plane), she was Catwoman in a Batman (Keaton) movie, and she was drug lord Tony Montana's squeeze "Elvira" in Scarface.
Of those, the only one that I have seen is Scarface, once.

Of those, the only one that I have seen is Scarface, once.
I try to guess who a popular girl is, with CRUDE, non-scientific data. Usually, movies, TV, and music do that as a proxy for how "famous" the woman is/was.

Big box office movies, longevity in a field, gold records, hit TV shows ... that usually got 'em in front of a lot people, many times worldwide.

OTOH, millions of us have LESS/LITTLE interest in any of that stuff, or time to get into it, etc., but I am just trying to 'hit the broadside of a barn" by casting a wide net.

Those three mediums -- movies, TV, and music -- with clues, seem to make the most interesting games by giving greatest chance at recognition. And, many times it does not.

Anyway, appreciate the input and interest.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
We have done this young lady. She's bigger than she was when we saw her last.

Age 33, Actor, Australian.

She actually is quite talented, and right now, with one of the biggest movies in history. Its fictional deal, but "reality-based. I was certain it would flop, but they knocked it outta the park.

I did not see it, refused to on principle. The women in my life, my adult daughters, my sister -- loved it though I will wait until it streams and see if I can go to sleep on it. :poke:

Even if any of you, for whatever reason, also did NOT see her latest movie, its been on the news ALL summer 2023 since it premeired. Very hard to miss it. And she is quite accomplished in both starring and supporting roles, across a variety of genres.

When we did our girl a bit ago, i picked a photograph as a teen that was truly difficult to identify. I thought the clues would be the most helpful. She's a stunner now but I think resemblance is still strong.

I have two pics of a younger but more recognizable cutie at ages four and eight (serendipitous colors of the future 1/4 century later). As usual, it's the eyes that give these ladies away as adults.

Confirmation in a couple days.

Bill Poer (1).JPG

Bill Poer (1) (1).JPG

Back