Need 15X6.5 wheels for my 73 Fury

V8Pacer

Reaction score
Two of my wheels have rusty outer beads, plus I don't have a spare tire & wheel so I'm in need of three 15 X 6-1/2 inch wheels. Need base style wheels not rally wheels. I'm going to try and find wheels that are as close to original as possible, if this proves to be to difficult I'll broaden my search. When I do a search on Car-Parts.com 74-87 Dodge 100 & 150 Truck & Van as well as 70-78 Full-Size Mopars and some Mid-Size Mopars come up as a source for these wheels. I'm assuming these wheels changed in appearance over the years. Below is a list of what I know and what I don't know. Trying to get as much info as I can before I start searching junk yards.

Correct part # 3621956 Listed in my 72 & 73 parts book. 1972 C-body & Satellite-Coronet-Charger (not Imp), 1973 C-body (not Imp)

My wheels have 4 dog dish hub cap nubs and some of these wheels have 3 nubs. When did they change to 4 nubs and did they stick with 4 nubs after they made the change?

Is the Mopar part # always stamped above the valve stem?

Is there any on-line source of information on these wheels?

Does the # 3 in the last picture stand for 1973?

My wheel
FuryWheelg.jpg
FuryWheelc.jpg
FuryWheeld.jpg

This is a 15X6.5 wheel I found in a junk yard on Saturday. Has 3 dog dish hub cap nubs, not 4. Yes it does say New Yorker in yellow. Does anyone know what vintage this wheel is? I may buy it to save it from getting scrapped.

JunkyardWheelc.jpg
JunkyardWheelg.jpg

Last edited:
I have a complete set of four that came off of my '70 Newport. I would not be interested in letting three go. However, with you being in Mass and me in CA, the shipping alone would be astronomical - and that's without a purchase price.

But, if you have no other alternatives give me a line.

Here they are on the car when I first bought it.
70driversside.JPG

I have a complete set of four that came off of my '70 Newport. I would not be interested in letting three go. However, with you being in Mass and me in CA, the shipping alone would be astronomical - and that's without a purchase price.

But, if you have no other alternatives give me a line.

Thanks for the offer. I'm trying to find these locally, most likely in a junkyard. Would rather not pay shipping when I can buy them for somewhere between 25 & 35 each, assuming I can find them. They came on a large number of full size Mopars and Dodge trucks so I should be able to find a set. I go to junkyards almost every other weekend. Just trying to find out which Mopars came with the same style 15X6.5 as my 73 Fury.

Nice looking Newport!

The same junkyard that has the 15X6.5 New Yorker wheel also has a 15X5.5 Mopar wheel. There in the bed of a PU truck that just came in and they have the same size studded snow tires on them. I think there Size J78 tires so the wheels should be old. I'm buying the 15X6.5 wheel, should I buy the 15X5.5 wheel to save it from getting scrapped or are they not worth saving? Pictured below
JunkyardWheel2e.jpg
JunkyardWheel2a.jpg

If you are in a jam you can get new ones from summit . Wheel Vintiques make repro mopar steel wheels. I recently bought 2 15/8 steel wheels for big meats out back and they seemed fine and good quality. They are around 100 bucks each but anything over 100 dollars is free shipping. What junkyards do you frequent in MA that still has this old stuff? If you see any 69 to 72 Fury's let me know as I am in MA too. I do have 15 inch wheels off my Fury in great painted / clear coated condition but they are 15 / 5 1/2

Last edited:
The same junkyard that has the 15X6.5 New Yorker wheel also has a 15X5.5 Mopar wheel. There in the bed of a PU truck that just came in and they have the same size studded snow tires on them. I think there Size J78 tires so the wheels should be old. I'm buying the 15X6.5 wheel, should I buy the 15X5.5 wheel to save it from getting scrapped or are they not worth saving? Pictured below
View attachment 91642 View attachment 91643
If they were 15x7s I'd say hold on to them. I sold a set of 4 one time at a swap meet before I even unloaded them from the truck. (That guy had good eyes!) But don't really know that there is much call for a standard wheel. For instance, the ones I offered I've had since 2003 - still have them.

If you are in a jam you can get new ones from summit . Wheel Vintiques make repro mopar steel wheels. I recently bought 2 15/8 steel wheels for big meats out back and they seemed fine and good quality. They are around 100 bucks each but anything over 100 dollars is free shipping. What junkyards do you frequent in MA that still has this old stuff? If you see any 69 to 72 Fury's let me know as I am in MA too. I do have 15 inch wheels off my Fury in great painted / clear coated condition but they are 15 / 5 1/2

I'm in no rush to find these. It will be a year or more before I get this car on the road. Don't know of any junkyards that have a large number of older mopars. I go to some of the self serve pick and pull yards, sometimes they get older vehicles. I'm thinking if I find these wheels I'll find them on a Dodge 100 or 150 truck. Just don't know for sure which year truck or car these wheels came on.

Looked at the wheels on my Fury today and discovered the wheel with 4 hub cap nubs is a replacement none original wheel. Other 3 wheels have 3 hub cap nubs and part number 3580064, not 3621956. From what I read on line 3580064 is a 1972-73 C-Body wagon wheel which is a H.D. wheel. Funny thing is the wheel I bought at the junkyard on Saturday, the New Yorker wheel pictured in the 2nd post is also part # 3580064. This wheel has a small H on it which I think means H.D. What I don't understand is why doesn't part # 3580064 show up in my 72 or 73 parts book?

Pictures of the original wheels on my Fury Taxi
FuryWheela.jpg
FuryWheelh.jpg

Last edited:
Back