New 1/4 Mile Calculator App...

66SportFury

Reaction score
I've been making video games and Apps for a long time. I figured I would make a 1/4 Mile Calculator for those that want to get an idea of what there car could run on the street or at the track even if you never race it. It's based off of Crank Shaft HP and weight for Calc 1 or ET or MPH for Calc 2. It's very accurate. I asked my Buddy Danny Foley that owns a Badass 67 Cornet R/T 440 that races it from time to time to give me his Specs. It was 3900lbs and 621 hp at the crank. I plugged in the figures into the 1/4 mile Calculator and it returned ET,..10.66 and MPH,..126.838. I emailed him again and asked him to give me his ET and MPH and he said my ET @ 3900lbs is 10.56 at 127mph, give or take a 10th or 2 either way. I sent him the Calculations (Picture below) and he said "Damn John,.that is accurate ". "Very cool app John".

The app will be on Google Play (Android) for download in a week or so for $1.99 if anyone is interested. It will also be available for PC and HTML5 for the same $1.99. So you can run the application on any web browser if you download the HTML5 version. Good for iPhone's and so forth.

How it works. you either need to know the weight and HP for Calculator 1 or your ET or MPH for Calculator 2. Plug in your numbers and hit "Calculate" and you'll know what your car should run.

Quater Mile Calculator.JPG

Man That sounds like a cool app, I really cant help with the accuracy though because I don't know what my crank HP was/ is, it was never dyno ed. From the build sheet the specs put the tunnel ram motor at around 580 hp and the car weighs 4300 race weight me driving (220 lbs) this motor is a bit milder at around 520 and have never made a full balls out pass, Im trying not to break this good reliable motor.

Henry,.your car on a good air day and good hook if it's around 520 HP and weight is 4300,...capable of running...11.692 @ 115.724..!!

I realize there are some out there, but none are for Android and so forth.

The one I pointed out had rear wheel and flywheel hp. Not trying to burst any bubbles, just pointing it out for your fine tuning. Just throwing it out there, as a plus work the formula backwards so that someone could figure out how much hp would be required to run a certain time (with a certain weight). Good luck!

No worries, you're not bursting any bubbles on my end. The app has backward calculations also. Also, to calculate or estimate RWHP you have to multiply base HP or crank HP X 0.80 for automatic transmission or 0.85 for standard trans for an estimate of at RWHP. These are all estimates, just to give someone an idea of what the car could run or to figure out HP ratings without using a Dyno. But using specs from some of my buddies cars and plugging them in,..the QMC is pretty accurate. I'll also be adding to the app 1/4 mile to 1/8 mile conversion along with the Crank to RWHP conversion.

Last edited:
Back