New guy checking in 65 Plymouth FuryIII

Scrap Metal

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was poking around the web and found my way here. I recently bought a 65 Plymouth Fury and have been driving it and working on it when time permits. She's a rather stock 2 door with a nearly complete original interior and cracked dash. Under the hood is a fairly unassuming 440 backed with a 727torqueflite. She's been a blast to drive when she wants to drive and she may or may not have seen triple digit speeds while in my possession. Anyways Ill upload some photos soon and thanks for having me.

L image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car but if you're having fuel delivery issues I think I know why...

image.jpg

Welcome aboard mate. I too have a 65 Fury III but it is somewhat an image of it's former self. I have removed all the side trim to get a clean look as the car is midnite black. I use Salt Flat Specials for rims, the rears being much wider than the fronts. My tranny is a 727 out of a 70 Charger with kick-down on demand. The original used cables like yours. The interior is absolutely bone stock with the exception of the speedo cluster that was redone with Autometer's American Muscle series gauges. The engine has been redone and tweaked with goodies and dyno's at 425 FT.LB's torque and 430 H.P. Bet you never thought a 383 could be made so stout. As you can guess I like rest-mods but have never done anything that can be put back to original. I've saved all original parts as they are hard to come by. The car has been completely disassembled and reassembled down to the last nut, bolt and clip. These models are a dream to work on but as stated earlier parts are in short supply. Seeing your car takes me back 6 years to when I first got mine - they were pretty much identical, even the color. Good luck in your future endeavors with this car and don't let frustration get the best of you when it comes to replacement parts.

Thanks for all the supports guys, she's definitely a camera ***** as in she looks a lot better on a screen then in person and shes usually the most beat car at shows I have gone to. Kinda depressing. I don't plan on restoring her really but want to drive her and have lots of fun on the streets. The next thing I would like to do is get some wider wheels and tires in the rear but don't know how wide I can go without cutting the fenders or tubbing out the trunk. Any advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys.

Back