New Guy from Sweden

zZackEe

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Morgan and im from nordern Sweden.
Now, my first encounter whit the C-body cars started in 2008 whit this 1968 Chrysler Newport

I drowe that car all year around and the winters here can be pretty long and cold but the chrysler was like a warrior and always started and got my *ss to work. i put a bullbar and lights on it when the winter arived and took them of in the spring.

In this car i met my girlfriend who i now live with and we have had alot of fun in this car. the interior was really rotten and i started advertising on internet after parts and a guy who was a swede that has moved to texas answer me and told me that he had spotted a car in a scrapyard so we keept in touch and he sended over some part to me. Like a original radio and glove compartment hatch.
2010 i sold the car and the money was well needed and to be frankly, gas isnt cheap here!
Three years later (2013) i was with my friends offroading when my gal phoned me and told me that she had a surprice when i get home.
There on the driveway to our house stod the old Chrysler!!! she had found it on our type of craiglist and bougth it back :)
Nedless to say i was very exited.
now the first things i noticed was that one owner had thrown away the original am radio and cut a hole in the dash to put a cheap 25 dollar car stereo in its place. But on the uppside so was the hole interior redone except for the headliner :)
It had some 20" aftermarket rims and i dont mean some cool boyds or foose design rims but rims more suited for an audi or bmw. Anyway i got ahold on some original, powdercoated rims and put on it so here is how it looks right now.

Hey welcome to the c body asylum. I'm liking your Chrysler, I've got a 70' Chrysler Newport that just like you love to drive around. Yours doesn't look like its in too bad a shape considering everything, it looks really good. One ? thought, did you turn down the torsion bars (the front end appears to be sitting lower than stock position) or was that done by someone else? The side profile is really cool, I love how long these cars are. Have you done anything with the 383?

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! The car is a keeper and so is your girl!

Welcome from North Germany. Cool girl and cool story!!!
I think you will never sell the car again!!!

I dont think i can sell it again, it migth be like that Christine movie and keep coming back to me so i can't take that chance ;)
better just to keep it and make it happy, oh, that goes for my girl too :D

Welcome. Interesting story.

now the first things i noticed was that one owner had thrown away the original am radio and cut a hole in the dash to put a cheap 25 dollar car stereo in its place. ...

We have a resident expert who has just finished this repair. I am sure he will chime in.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ........... :welcome:
Great car, great story and great girl....... Your a lucky guy.

Your car looks like a road warrior,..... especially with that front guard and lights.
Front looks a little low, you might want to adjust the torsion bars up a bit.

Will.

I couldn't help myself. I just had to do it. What is happening to me??

OCAMPD.jpg

Another PP payment I have to hide...
banghead.gif

Hej,

enjoy your Chrysler.
Maybe see you at the power meet in Västeras or Mopars at the strip in Orsa

Greetz from germany
Carsten

:sSig_greetingsthor: ...Nice story...... you are lucky, they usually don't come home.

Back