New Member, 1967 Imperial

I guess that mount is isolated because k frame is rubber isolated. I would be careful solid mounting that anchor. The 73 up b bodies need to have all of those rubber isolators replaced with solid mounts and help stiffen front of car, nobody is looking for luxury ride out of those cars I would take the performance / handling any day. On a Imp though the ride quality is something to be enjoyed for what it is should stay rubber isolated. A autocross in a 4 door imp would be a sight though.

I haven't yet sorted the isolators, but I do have my brake hoses on. Also found the source of a rattle/rubbing from the left side of the car. Something is rattling around inside the driver's rear hub cap. So it's nothing that is going to cause failure, but it's annoying, and I'll have a fiddly time fixing it, I'm sure.

Also found was the driver's side sway bar link was broken. Ordered two from Rock Auto, and I'll replace them as soon as they come in.

More inspection under the car revealed more leaks. In addition to the power steering box, the rear main seal leaks, as does the trans pan. As long as I was ordering the links and a filter/gasket for the trans, I also bought several bulbs for the courtesy lights, and the PRNDL light. I figured it's winter, and we will probably get more than zero precipitation this year, so I bought some wiper blades, too. I looked for a listing for the piece on the cigarette lighter that's in question, but didn't see one. I'll take a better picture of it and post up a question.

There's a new swell coming in tomorrow, so I'll spend my afternoon surfing. It's supposed to be double-overhead by the end of the day, so it's a bit nervous-making since I haven't been surfing much lately. But Sunday I'll crawl under and see what I can see about those isolators. I have found a place to rebuild them, but they need my cores. Maybe I'll get lucky, and I can snug them up, and make it better while I search for some rebuildable cores. If timing works out, I might try to clean my power steering box to see where the leak is coming from, and buy the seals to fix that, too.

New carb is on, but I'm not quite happy with it. Really bad off-idle stumble, and it starts much harder, too. Once up to speed, it drives nice. I'm not too worried, though. It will get sorted.

Oh, yeah: before I pull the driver's side exhaust manifold, I'm going to try torquing down the offending exhaust port, to see if that gets me anywhere.

The pendulum is swinging back to optimism. If the rear main seal is leaking, and it's not burning that much oil, it's a much smaller problem. I need to stop procrastinating and do a compression test, and maybe a leakdown.

I'll give you a double thumbs up. There's another life outside of cars.

With babies and work, sometimes it's hard to get life to include the cars. Unless you have recently made a purchase, like me, and are obsessing.

Surf was not as anticipated. Swell seems to be coming in later than expected, and it was only waist to chest high. But really uncrowded, so we had fun.

(Imperial content coming...) When I bought the car, the previous owner threw in his cam-lock racks, so I put them on today for the first time, and threw my brother's and my longboards up there.

Surf_racks.jpg

Weather was awesome. No wind, glassy conditions, and scattered clouds. If only the surf was a little bigger.

Sunset_Cliffs.jpg

As it is, people give me the thumbs-up pretty frequently. But throw on some racks and a couple of boards, roll the windows down, and roll through a beach town, and you're the center of attention.

I dig my car.

Surf_racks.jpg

Sunset_Cliffs.jpg

I dig your car too, great pic with the rack and boards.

No harm done to the drip rail moldings ? That's the first thing that came to my sick mind. ;)

No harm done to the drip rail moldings ? That's the first thing that came to my sick mind. ;)

Doesn't seem to be. I was pretty careful when putting the racks on to make sure the clamps were below the rails completely, and not twisting them.

You're killing me with the nice weather....... jealous!! Old car on the road, warm weather, beach.... you suck

Sorry. If it's any consolation, we recently had a state of emergency declared because we have only had 2" of rain this entire season to date (July-June). That could cause some real problems with water rationing, and also fire season has basically never stopped. It used to be that it was August-October. Now it's pretty much April-December.

Well, as long as it's not doing any good, I won't make it worse by saying that the surf is right in front of Point Loma College, and young women took advantage of bikini weather.

Prove it! I've heard someone say that if there's no proof it didn't happen!

Prove it! I've heard someone say that if there's no proof it didn't happen!

Dude, I may be creepy, but not so creepy as to bring a camera on to the beach and start snapping pictures of college girls on their towels!

toothless-old-man-2.jpg

toothless-old-man-2.jpg

Who says you have to actually be taking pics of of the girls? A few shots of the surf with some girls in the foreground would have been just fine, don't forget it's winter for the Midwest and north east where a lot of us call home.
And btw, That's not creepy unless its not a tortoise....

Back