New Member( Just bought a 12 pass 68 newport)

white

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just bought a 12passenger 68 newport. I cannot find any info on this car. Please help, Thank you White.

Pictures of 12 passenger 68 newport.

Here is the picture of the 12 passenger 68 newport I just bought.

3105127375u_1x424x360f_1967_chrysler_newport.jpg

You probably won't. It was probably a custom build from one of the coach builders. I've seen one or two limo Newports in the past.

I remember such lower line models being used around airport areas for passenger transport for example, most often Checker cars though. Look if you can find any hints on the car for the company that did the conversion; one that comes to mind is Hess and Eisenhardt for example, they mostly did Lincolns though.
Never saw any slabs besides Imperials before; I remember a couple of late 40s harmonica grille Chryslers, Fats Domino or Chubby Checker used one of them for touring.

Last edited:
I found a tag that say's was built by stagecoach . It has a 383 with a 4 barrel auto with 8.75 rear with 9 leaf spring on each side. I never thought about lowering it that would be cool. It runs great.

Cool pictures guy's thank you so much I thought I had the only one. Just not sure what to do yet with the car.

I don't know about lowering it too much if you are going to drive it on the street. It may bottom out at some places.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
very interesting piece you have there, I'll look forward to more pics.

Do some burnouts and chase the general lee charger:laughing4:

Some brain-Storming in progress, sawzall would make at least two projects out of this one.

Cool find, welcome to the forum. When you said it was a 12 seater, before you posted the picture, I just thought you where being funny about the size of a regular Newport. I remember seeing a Checker airport taxi as mentioned earilier. It was still in use well into the 80's.

Back