New pics of my Newport

Edison

Reaction score
My girlfriend was off work tonight, so we ate wood fired pizza, washed the car and drove around for some pics.

There was almost 30 taken, but I haven't uploaded them all yet but here are a few. (Note: the skid marks in the second pic weren't made by me; just a coincidence they showed up in the pic. I wouldn't drive around a parking lot like a dick)

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

Nice, consider yourself lucky to have such an set of Chrysler/Mopar wheels in such great shape. I'd leave it exactly the way it is....well I might tinker under the hood a bit but that's just me.

I like it more every time I see it. It's easy to see the pride you have.

Nice car and great pics. Those wheels were made by Chrysler? They look like American Racing wheels..? Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics.

Thanks guys! I REALLY do love this car. Before this, I never gave two thoughts to owning a classic American car or a V8. Oddly enough the first car I ever owned as a teenager was from the Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth family (Plymouth Horizon). But I can't get enough of just cruising around in this car.

And they are indeed American Racing wheels. They were on it when I bought it. It did come with a set of Chrysler OEM hubcaps in the trunk wrapped in plastic. I'll get a pic of them later. I do like how the current wheels look on the car, but they are a bit small so I hope to upgrade later on.

Here are a few other shots.

e61754cf-15fd-45cf-8787-1f8a7b02ebfd.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

Only thing I'm missing exterior wise I think is a cover on the front bumper turn signal on the passenger side :(

Edison, I didn't have much hope for you when you joined because of your Tuner background but I'll be the first to say my doubt's were totally unfounded. You're loving that C-body as much as any true enthusiast.

Posted via Topify on Android

Edison,the only downside to owning a classic American V8 is that they can be thirsty on gas,but aside from that,they are extremely tough,rarely break down if properly maintained,and don't break the bank when it comes to repairs.They can also be updated to handle and ride more like a modern car by lowering it a little (simple turn of the front torsion adjusters) and going with a lower profile tire,although some people here would rather have a stock look.It's all up to your personal taste and I happen to like them either way.There has been a trend to restomod alot of old cars so you can have the best of both worlds.The thing here is that your enjoying it and it makes you happy every time you cruise around!

I can't picture myself tooling around with a lil' 4 banger with no hood out in front pulling along. No cruising in that.

Edison, I didn't have much hope for you when you joined because of your Tuner background but I'll be the first to say my doubt's were totally unfounded. You're loving that C-body as much as any true enthusiast.

Posted via Topify on Android

Thanks. For a very long time, owning anything other than small four cylinders was out of the question. I commuted about an hour each way through downtown city traffic in St. Louis five times a week for almost ten years. But now I'm working from home two days a week, and they are considering moving me department to purely working from home five days a week. Along with the extra income from several promotions, I can finally own a "real" car. Not that I didn't enjoy my time working on and driving my Hondas, but now I'm at a place in my life where I want something "nice". And at the end of the day, no matter how much money you throw at a sport compact, you still own an economy car. I'm totally fine "investing" in my Newport. They are beautiful cars from a time where I think America was producing the greatest machines on the road. And I guess as I get older I get a little more patriotic which might be showing in my newly acquired taste for 4,200 lbs. of pure American steel and iron :)

Driving/Owning an old American car brings you back when times were simple and easy and there was no need for excess. Designers gave more thought to style and performance rather than safety and economy! I'm sure you get a hundred more thumbs up for driving this car compared to one for the Honda!

Driving/Owning an old American car brings you back when times were simple and easy and there was no need for excess. Designers gave more thought to style and performance rather than safety and economy! I'm sure you get a hundred more thumbs up for driving this car compared to one for the Honda!

My Civic is only good for getting highschool boys mean mugging and rice revving me in their Integras, Celicas, and various Nissans. :toilet04:

And my Civic was super clean. No stickers, no stupid crazy wheel offset, stock exhaust, no wing or ricer tail lights etc. But yeah, I get random people stopping me in parking lots, thumbs up, nearly broken necks from rubber necking etc in the C-Body!

I never could get into the Japanese car craze.My four cylinder cars from years ago were Triumphs,MG's,VW's and Porsches (aircooled) and I did have a 63 LeMans convert with the 4 cylinder (half 389 ) motor ,to name a few. The only Jap car I remember owning was a Subaru SVX that was a ***** getting parts for.Everything was dealer only and at an extreme cost!

Back