New to the Forum, 68 Fury owner just hoping to soak up more knowledge on C-bodies

UnendingFury

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this site. I recently acquired a 1968 Plymouth Fury III fast top with a 383 Commando, and although I am no stranger to Mopars, I've never had much luck getting details and specifics on C-bodies. Only recently have I found that certain replacement and restoration parts are being made for these cars. Mine is a survivor, mostly original and extremely well pampered, but has had a functional non-rotisserie restoration. Basically it's been de-trimmed and repainted in the correct green, it got a new vinyl top and front and rear glass seals, a new headliner, new seat covers and carpet, but the rest of the interior looks original after close examination.

The car is pretty straight, but I've noticed a few minor things it needs. The low note of the two horns doesn't work, the battery tray is corroded and rusted out, and it has a right axle seal leaking. And I'm not sure if the contamination is causing this, but when I am braking and nearing my stop, there is an awfully noticeable squeak. There is no washer fluid jar, it's missing, and the pump is resting in that huge cavern of a left front fender, with tape covering the contacts. Aside from that and the factory clock, everything else works great, even the fuel gauge works! (Rare for old Mopars when you first get them)

One thing that baffles me is the lack of a Pentastar emblem on the passenger front fender. The car has never been in even a minor collision, but it has been painted, so I don't know if they removed and sealed over the hole, or if the car was assembled without one. It was built in Canada, if that makes any difference.
Feb 2015 065.jpgJan 2015 018.jpgJan 2015 019.jpgJan 2015 037.jpg

Jan 2015 018.jpg

Jan 2015 019.jpg

Jan 2015 037.jpg

Feb 2015 065.jpg

Now that's one fine looking C body. Thanks for sharing pictures with us.

Welcome! I just moved to cold VA from the great state of Texas. I lived just south of you in League City.

Really nice car. Looking forward to seeing more of your car as you go through the fixes.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome Unendingfury, Nice ride. If you're not already part of the group you need to hook up with the Houston Mopar Club. A great bunch! They spend a lot of showtime at the dragz there in town. They usually hook up with the S.A. Mopar club at the Chrysler Dealership on the west side of S.A. in the fall too. One day show well worth the drive, Jer

Back