Newby Newport!

newport

Reaction score
So I am new to CBodies forum and am very excited to be part of this community. I have been a huge Mopar fan since High School when I had a 69 Coronet 500. I recently rescued this '66 Chrysler Newport from a back yard. She hasn't been running in several years, and has an ancient, poor, faded paint job. Equipped with 383 4bbl and a 727. I hope to bring her back to life this spring and enjoy a summer of fun cruising.
100_4131.jpg

100_4131.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Looks like a great project car, love the slabs coupes!

That car would look very cool with Magnum wheels on it!

Welcome from a fellow newbie! Lots of good folks and info on here. Nice find on the new ride, good luck with it!

Thanks everyone! After pulling the right rear brake drum because it was stuck, I finally got the Newport pushed into the garage to begin changing out plugs wires cap etc etc... then I thought I should prime the oil pump since she hasn't been run in years. Glad I did, hardly any pressure at all! So a pump replacement is on the way. will keep updates coming.
100_4145.jpg100_4158.jpg

100_4145.jpg

100_4158.jpg

Thanks everyone! After pulling the right rear brake drum because it was stuck, I finally got the Newport pushed into the garage to begin changing out plugs wires cap etc etc... then I thought I should prime the oil pump since she hasn't been run in years. Glad I did, hardly any pressure at all! So a pump replacement is on the way. will keep updates coming.
View attachment 11004

That interior is SUPER nice for a car that's been sitting for a long time. Cleans up pretty well.

Well I am pretty discouraged today. Picked up new oil pump yesterday. Put it in a bucket of oil today and primed it. Installed it, hooked up a mechanical gauge, hit the drill and.....nothing. no pressure what so ever. So it looks like I'm going to have to pull the engine and see if the pickup tube is clogged, hooked up, or gone altogether. Unless I find another 383 for cheap that runs. Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield. Today, I am the bug.:sad3:

Are you sure the oil pressure sending unit and gauge is good?

Yes, no oil visible in the tubing going to it. plus it is a new unit. just picked it up when I picked up the pump

Back