For Sale NICE lt blue 66 NY coupe, loaded, TNT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury fan

Reaction score
Contact seller
Paging detmatt - PVents here my friend!

1966 Chrysler New Yorker Base | eBay

This one has tons of options (both seats are power!), one of the nicest 65-66 NY coupes I've seen in a long time. Too bad about the steering wheel cracks, though.
And is it a real TNT???
The only 'flaw' I see is the aftermarket cruise control.
Perhaps somebody with more ambition than me can harvest the rest of the pics to put in here, this car deserves future reference.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

that is pretty nice.......and you can see there are plenty of codes on the tag

I love it.......but if it is as nice as it looks in the pics,,I would be reluctant to drive it much or bring it out into the direct sun for any length of time...

That's like a work of art!:wideyed:

IMG_2235.JPG

Its a beautiful car for sure, but its questionable whether or not the seller actually did buy it from the wife of the original owner. I found a video with this same car for sale 2 years ago through a dealer in NJ, so it seems unlikely.

Its a beautiful car for sure, but its questionable whether or not the seller actually did buy it from the wife of the original owner. I found a video with this same car for sale 2 years ago through a dealer in NJ, so it seems unlikely.

Agreed. The original old man owner installed an aftermarket tach? Doubt it.

If by "aftermarket tach" you're referring to the gauge just in front of the shifter, I believe that is the factory optional "Performance Indicator" that was available only with center console cars. So that gauge is actually a neat and rare item that only adds to the uniqueness of this New Yorker.

If by "aftermarket tach" you're referring to the gauge just in front of the shifter, I believe that is the factory optional "Performance Indicator" that was available only with center console cars. So that gauge is actually a neat and rare item that only adds to the uniqueness of this New Yorker.

I did not know that! Never seen it and it looks clumsily mounted for a factory option.

I noticed that car for sale by a dealer in Paterson, NY. Despite some questionable claims as to TNT, etc. it's a nice car. Not sure about originality of the bucket set upholstery, but even if a re-do, it is quite nice. Hope it finds a good home.......

No. Standard log exhaust manifolds and blue painet indicate standard 440. Also the letter in the VIN is a J, HP motor would have been an L.
Not in '66, no L code engine that year and there also would have been no orange 440 in '66 either.

This car looks like a typical Chrysler Exec car. They liked their "C" bodies loaded. They drove them a couple months then order another. The low mileage "used" cars often went into the various carpools as loaners. Dad liked the Imps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back