Normal engine temp for 67 383 newport

Well......... He came on here with a problem, asking for help. Yesterday he was on the drydock asking what the correct under hood colors are........ I guess ether the temperature issue doesn't bother him, or he figured it out............

Can't let this thread die.

It's not the thermostat.

Posted via Topify on Android

Greetings to all
i finally found what temp I should be running 180-185 had to tsk to a radiator rebuilder to get answer.

i am in process of getting parts I'm just going to to do every thing new rad,thermostat, fan clutch, the works

Greetings to all
i finally found what temp I should be running 180-185 had to tsk to a radiator rebuilder to get answer.

i am in process of getting parts I'm just going to to do every thing new rad,thermostat, fan clutch, the works
That's the way to do it.

Posted via Topify on Android

Old thread, but just gotta reply to an old wive's tale (not necessarily directed at anyone in this thread).

The thermostat (if working properly, of course) has limited influence over how hot an engine will run -- its equilibrium temperature for a given set of driving conditions.

The thermostat influences how quickly the engine reaches that equilibrium temperature, and then how frequently the engine and radiator exchange water while running. Too many other variables are what determines engine temperature. Bigger factors are radiator size/heat rejection rate, fan configuration and tipspeed, shroud's tightness to the fanblade tips, radiator blockages/restriction, water flowrate, % of antifreeze mix, amount of crud in the engine block and so on.

Those using a mechanical temp gage can see the thermostat/needle fluctuations during warmup cycles, and sometimes afterward if the radiator is large or the ambient is low (but that's more subtle). Factory electric gages (esp being at only 5 volts) respond too slowly to display the water exchanges - which is better for the OEMs, as Joe Average makes fewer warranty inquiries about temperature swings.

The old tale:
'I put a 160 t-stat in so my car will run cooler.' Yeah, well it might, or it might not...

Back