'Ol Bess (1966 Crown Imperial) is home. What an adventure.

Holy Hanna, that's beautiful! Wow, great catch, and welcome! Does she have pore event windows, by any chance?
:D
Thank you. Indeed she does-and they both work...However, passenger side windows not so much. The front passenger seat has power to it; rear one dead at the switch.

Very Nice!!! Great Paint and Chrome!!

Bess is one sexy lady...Congrats on the car. And a big ATTA BOY for flying out and driving the Ol' girl home.....great memories started right from the get go!

Just on a side not to your exhaust leak problem....I have had more exhaust leaks over the years when I used to run exhaust gaskets. Once I switched to just a skim of high temp RTV on all my exhaust manifold surfaces I have had almost no leaks since then. And I don't get my manifold surfaces machined either.....you should see the pitting from rust on some of the surfaces that sealed up just fine. ;)

Bess is one sexy lady...Congrats on the car. And a big ATTA BOY for flying out and driving the Ol' girl home.....great memories started right from the get go!

Just on a side not to your exhaust leak problem....I have had more exhaust leaks over the years when I used to run exhaust gaskets. Once I switched to just a skim of high temp RTV on all my exhaust manifold surfaces I have had almost no leaks since then. And I don't get my manifold surfaces machined either.....you should see the pitting from rust on some of the surfaces that sealed up just fine. ;)
You got that right. We most certainly "bonded" that night. She drove for many hours through some nasty weather and got us home safe. Thanks for that info, I will keep that in mind. Next up is to get my passenger side power windows working. One I can tell is getting power to it, the other is just dead. Thank gawd there's so much knowledge on here.

Back