Original paint color versus color change on fuselage cars

Best bet, stay w the original color......if you absolutely cant stand it, stick with a correct year, correct mopar color. I sold my 70 chally r/t simply because it was top banana yellow, cant stand yellow, just my opinion tho, now i wish i would have just painted it white, or orange. If i had done so, im sure the car would still be around today. Heck.....i couldnt even sell it because it was fy1 yellow!!!! No bs, people would call and ask if it was either black or red.....blue or orange......when i answered it was *high impact top banana*, trying to jazz it up alittle, people would simply say ok....thanks!....and hang up! Crazy. Do what you want to do if you plan on keeping the car for a long extent of time, you yourself will be happier you did!!! Just my 2cents.

Best bet, stay w the original color......if you absolutely cant stand it, stick with a correct year, correct mopar color. I sold my 70 chally r/t simply because it was top banana yellow, cant stand yellow, just my opinion tho, now i wish i would have just painted it white, or orange. If i had done so, im sure the car would still be around today. Heck.....i couldnt even sell it because it was fy1 yellow!!!! No bs, people would call and ask if it was either black or red.....blue or orange......when i answered it was *high impact top banana*, trying to jazz it up alittle, people would simply say ok....thanks!....and hang up! Crazy. Do what you want to do if you plan on keeping the car for a long extent of time, you yourself will be happier you did!!! Just my 2cents.

Obviously not my car but I like yellow. The general preferences have been the colors mentioned but I cant see having trouble selling because it was yellow. I had no trouble selling my 72 Challenger and it was Y1. I could have sold them all day long if I had them.

Black will look good if done right. It will always be correct if you stay gold... just try to make sure the work is done right... crappy paint is crappy paint regardless of color.

If its a rare highly desirable muscle car, a color change will certainly detract from its value. If its not a highly desired high dollar car, and the color change was done well and it was changed to a color that was originally available for that car in that year (plum crazy purple or top banana yellow with a bumble bee stripe will not have much appeal to many buyers if applied to a 66 Newport, for example) , then I don't see it having an adverse affect on the car's value. It might even help the value depending on the car's original color and the color of the repaint. Certain colors were popular back in the day, but not so much now. If a late 60's or early 70's Mopar is painted its original color and that color was Grandpa Green or Old Man Tan, it could very well make the car difficult to sell. My 68 Charger was Grandpa Green from the factory but had been painted black before I bought the car. It is now getting a restoration and will be red when its done. I probably wouldn't have even looked at the car had it been green when I bought it twenty five years ago. Right now there is a 68 Dart that I have decided to call about. I like the car, but its been advertised for four months without selling. Its Grandpa Green. It has a fresh paint job, but if I were to buy it, I would have to go for a color change.

stay with the gold...change roof to no vynal if you want...leaveing my car stock color because they are so rarely seen...nothing wrong with gold...
I remember when you bought it. It was on The Dock, right? I was looking for it and couldn't find it.
The reason I remember is because of Crazy Popeye.

Back