Parkinson Disease help available

Carl Severa

Reaction score
Greetings.

I have a version of PD called dystonia. I've been contending with the disease for about 12 or 13 years. I'm 58 years old and have attained good success with some non prescription resources that I'm confident are grounds for my not succumbing to the viciousness of this disease. While i am on a number of prescriptions for the disease, I have been utilizing other resources for years.

Dystonia is not your standard Parkinson's. I don't have the tremors that most Parkinson's patients do. My symptoms are pain and rigidity.

If anybody I knows somebody with Parkinson's of any type that they think might like to learn what I do and how I can perhaps help them by suggesting some resources for them, please let me know.

Carl

My father has been living with Parkinson’s for about as long as you but he will be 88 this year. That’s horrible that you were stricken with it at Such a young age and I’m sorry for that. My dad qualified for deep brain stimulation surgery around 5 years ago now, I’d hate to think how bad he would be right now without it.

Thanks for your comment. That procedure has been recommended to me many times but I've avoided it for a variety of reasons. I'm actually doing pretty well. Nobody thinks that I have Parkinson's based on my functionality of my appearance. I'm trying to put off the surgery as long as possible but I guess there's consequences to waiting. Glad your dad's doing well with it. I was broke her with Charles Schwab for a number of years and got to the point where I couldn't even shave or hold a fork.

Dystonia is a big challenge for Parkinson's sufferers and for those without it. For those who don't know, a condition called Focal Dystonia (where repetitive fine motor control such as playing a musical instrument) has ended a number of careers in the music biz. Sounds similar to your situation.

A shame, and my heart goes out to you.

Hi Ross. Appreciate your kind thoughts. Speaking of not knowing about it, for 2 years I didn't know what was causing my pain and rigidity. Exhausted the medical community, no answers, etc. Like you, I believe many people don't know they have this form of PD. FORTUNATELY, in a strange way, I had a prior health crisis which prepared me to face PD with a survivor's outlook. I'm not going to let it win if possible. Hopefully I can help others.

Hi Ross. Appreciate your kind thoughts. Speaking of not knowing about it, for 2 years I didn't know what was causing my pain and rigidity. Exhausted the medical community, no answers, etc. Like you, I believe many people don't know they have this form of PD. FORTUNATELY, in a strange way, I had a prior health crisis which prepared me to face PD with a survivor's outlook. I'm not going to let it win if possible. Hopefully I can help others.
What do you have in mind, CBD/THC?

While I've tried both of those and there was a point in time where I needed to use those to put me out because the pain was so bad by about 3 in the afternoon I've improved so much that they don't have any value anymore.

What has been the most help for me has been an anti-inflammatory cream called penetrex and another one called arnica. Penetrex was my life support system. Dystonia, as we know, is characterized by pain and rigidity. These creams are topical and work to reduce inflammation which is one of the key components to dystonia that I've experienced that people don't understand and in the medical community that I experienced did not treat from a non pharmaceutical approach. I have an extensive amount of experience with chiropractors and other structural types of doctors also.

I can't say enough good about penetrex. Go on amazon.com and read the testimonies of how people's lives have been changed for a variety of injuries and illnesses where penetrex has been their savior, so to speak.

Next is alpha lipoic acid, also known ALA, Co Q10 and Taurine. I have taken certain levels of these for years now. They're critical for repairing and rebuilding the neurological damage I believe caused by Parkinson's disease as well as some other back injuries that I experienced. Read up on them and you'll see their value.

Next comes something a product called Pro T Gold. It's a combination of collagen protein and amino acids. Again, go to amazon.com and read the personal testimonies on how this item has changed people's lives. I've taken this daily for over two years.

I'm a big fan of everything that I mentioned to you here and if I had a voice I would broadcast my story to the Parkinson's world. I conviencedthat these items as well as exercise and a few other personal things could alter a lot of people's lives for the better.

Thanks for asking. Hope you have a blessed day.

Carl

Thanks for this Carl. My wife is your age and she has Parkinson's, for almost ten years now. She has tremors, very heavy at night. Makes it hard for her to do her nighttime Teacher's work.

Lost our mother/ in law 2 years ago to Parkinson's, and dementia she was old school hardcore to the end, RIP,. No devils leaf for her. I feel for those going thru this with family members.

Thanks for this Carl. My wife is your age and she has Parkinson's, for almost ten years now. She has tremors, very heavy at night. Makes it hard for her to do her nighttime Teacher's work.

Snotty, even though my type of PD has some different symptoms from your wife's PD, I encourage her to try what I've benefited from one product at a time for 2 weeks before adding the next. Leme know and I'll share my intake levels privstely.

I take this stuff for chronic inflammatory pain, have been for several years now. A few times I’ve wondered if it’s actually worth it and have stopped taking it, that’s when you really know it works.
Relief Factor | Healthy Inflammation Response Supplement

It's wonderful that you found something that helps! So many folks don't have anything or don't have the resources or don't have the the knowledge or don't have the will to stay in pursuit of a remedy or at least of something that may help alleviate their inflammation and pain. You probably are aware of the role of inflammation on the body. I'm convinced that inflammation is prevalent on every aspect of our being in quantities that would shock us if we could actually see it! I assume sugar is one of the top worst substances to take in regarding inflammation, but I have a real elevated place for sugar in my consumption habits. I eat fairly well overall and I can exercise a good bit but I need to jettison , just so difficult to do. Here's a picture looking out my window this morning. My wife and I live in in a fairly isolated part of Colorado. It's nice when the day can start off with a pretty scene like this.

20200408_064850.jpg

Lost our mother/ in law 2 years ago to Parkinson's, and dementia
Interesting something we have learned in this. Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) are all connected. Apparently, they all share some form of genus.

My wife has Parkinson's, her older sister died from ALS, and their father died from Alzheimer's.

Frances had a brother that died from stomach cancer two years ago. He and I were the same age.

Thank you all for this thread. While I'm not personally affected by Parkinson's it's very refreshing to see a thread here that is nothing but helpful to our members.

Back