Status
Not open for further replies.

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
00d0d_4P3Bcfgjz0x_600x450.jpg

Ok... first I hijacked this guy's pic... this is not my car pictured but mine is same year and model. I will be cleaning out the garage and driveway this holiday season so I have room to adopt a Formal. I purchased the 1949 Windsor on a whim several years ago, didn't do my homework and can't get a title. The prior owner removed the body number tag and somehow I let myself buy it. I refuse to screw around with someone selling them a car I know can't be titled and its really valueless, which is why I bought it. At the time I liked the back end and always loved chopped Mercs... thought I might do that to this... but why bother if I can't see a title at the end.

The car is almost complete, but every panel has a LITTLE rust...none are beyond saving. It's a 4 door, has a Fulton visor, the last owner had a stainless tank made, lots of pot metal exterior parts rechromed...varying quality though. dash pieces all there but too pitted for anyone to want them. Former owner did go through the brakes, and they stopped good on a test drive through the neighborhood a few years ago. Fluid drive shifted, ran ok...but has sat and for year outside...

I don't see a big market on this car or parts... what I have is mostly what's out there available. I bought to butcher, and I bought something unloved enough that I wouldn't feel bad not restoring her. I want to move on and have decided to make a wall hanging from the front nose piece, the grille is rechromed but the top rail has a bubble. Make a wall hanger out of the dash...too pitted to be worth it and these are out there in much better shape, my IP lens is cracked and a little hazy...worthless. Lots of little pieces that could help a restoration or keep something else on the road.

I have very little into this, and don't care about cashing out. I haven't cut the front end yet and won't for a couple more weeks. Do you know anyone who may be in need... I will be stripping it and scraping the leftovers to make space, not profit. I am not too sure about selling it whole and am not offering it that way because I personally do not intend to sell a car that is not safe and legal. Over the last couple of years I have been dealing with a colon issue called diverticulitis and there are lots of times it slows me down from doing mechanical work...this is part of the reason I don't plan to invest my more precious energies on this car. it may take a little time, but mechanical, chassis and if local body parts can be made available. I have no desire to deliver long distance as driving is the time my colon bothers me the most. none of the big stuff is likely to be worth shipping unless you wanted the fluid drive... and even then I'm not so sure.

Sorry...the words got away on me... but without pictures or desire to market for profit...

You could try posting it on the old Plymouth forum too. I know thrashingcows is active there. I used to go there for info on my 53 Windsor.

http://p15-d24.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back