Price Guidance

canuck62

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Getting closer to making a decision on which fine C body I would like.
I am finding that I am drawn back to the fuselage styling.
I learned to drive on a Green'73 Newport sedan green vinyl top, and my brother drove a Silver '69 (Newport sedan).

I am looking for feedback on what price range most of you (all) would recommend on the 1969-71 coupe (Newport or 300)?
Sentimental about the cars, but I am not willing to cloud my judgement.

The condition of most of the cars I am looking at around here, run and drive okay, good overall body condition, but they are not roadworthy enough to pass insurance and government (DMV).
With about $1k of TLC, I can get a couple of the ones I've seen, to a point of enjoyment, and put back on the open road.

This is what I've observed from some of the "Forum posts".

Sedans that are in very good condition, that need little or no work, seem to have no interest from the general public.
Sellers want over $5000, but nobody wants to pay more than half that amount.

Convertibles that are available here, are in decent shape, but I don't value them as much, due to the short enjoyment season here. (Mid May- end of September).
I would like some idea on the worth of the convertibles.

So I've narrowed it down to the '69-71 coupes.

Attached are some candidates, and their prices in Canadian dollars.

To appreciate the values, consider this, your US dollar is worth more here.
For every $1000, multiple by .70 ($700 US = approximately $1000 CDN)

Some of you have seen these,
Please offer feedback on what you would pay.

View attachment 57676
1970 Chrysler 300 Needs engine rebuild, brake and body work.
Seller lowered price down to $3500 (from $6700).
I haven't counter offered yet.

View attachment 57677

Convertible was listed at $7800, but looks like it sold.
There is another one similar to this one, with nicer wheels, for $11500

View attachment 57678

This Olive green sedan has been listed for the past 3 months at $4900
It went to a collector car auction a few weeks ago, but he didn't get his price and has it back home.
I drove it. It runs pretty good.
A slight pull to the left, but otherwise decent.

Thoughts?

I realize it is a Dodge and not a Chrysler, but if you are looking for a solid 2 door that is already registered in AB PM me. I could downsize my fleet. This one hardly gets any use.

1.jpg18.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

where are you located? I know of a few candidates in varying stages of condition in the Winnipeg area. I tried clicking your links but they didn't work.

Nice interior. Like the buckets and center console (shifter).
What engine size and value were you asking?

Just east 20 minutes east of Calgary.

Brian's 300 front and passenger side.jpg
This (Red) one is priced around $3500
Brian's 300 rear and drivers side.jpg

1970 Chrysler Newport  side (top down).JPG
There is one similar to this one in Vancouver for $11500
1970 Chrysler Newport (Calgary).JPG

This green one is priced at $4900

Brian's 300 front and passenger side.jpg

1970 Chrysler Newport Front and side (top down).JPG

1970 Chrysler Newport  side (top down).JPG

1970 Chrysler Newport (Calgary).JPG

Brian's 300 rear and drivers side.jpg

Last edited:
Make a note that the blue '70 Newport has a '71 grill. It's a nice car if it's the one I'm thinking of, and it has the 383 HP motor, not the standard 383.

Blue Convertible

If it were me and I was limiting myself to the Chryslers, I'd buy the blue convertible. $5500 US seems like a really good deal for that car: blue convertible 383 HP. I bet it would sell for $7500-8000 US in my area.

I'd replace the weather stripping and make sure the heater worked, so I could lengthen the season. Maybe worry about the grill later.

Did you buy one of them?

The one in Vancouver is the one I am familiar with. I thought it was the one in the bottom picture due to the '71 grill. If that picture is not the car I am thinking of, then there are two '70 Newport 'verts with '71 grills on them. '70 grills do not have any symbols in the center, unlike '69 and '71 cars.

That's a nice car and I thinks it's priced right. Funny that is has a clock but no AC. That's a little weird. I do not see many Newports with clocks from any year, but usually they will have AC before the clock.

My wife would like the color!

Back