Quality Restorations Inc.

I had one of these in high school...

My high school car

My 70 RR 30 Apr 1983.jpg

My 70 RR 30 Apr 1983.jpg

Nice Plymouth Bryan, bet you wish you had that one back!Dave, you dabbled in the others haven't you? I know there was at least one E-body!

Everybody I know including me was in to B's and E's and some A's in our youth.......... C-bodies were old man cars back then.

Dave, you are an odd duck.....and I don't mean that in a bad way. You had a big jump on us and found 3 uber rare cars that I wouldn't mind having myself. LOL!

Very nice! My Super Bee was my first car. It was a very low mileage car and I paid $1995 for her in 1971. I had it for 2 years and traded it in a brand new 1973 Ralleye Challenger with a 340 Magnum that looked like this one. It was $3199. Mine had a black vinyl top and black fade stripes on the sides. F-1 Pale Green. I sold the car on 27 December 1976, 2 days before I enlisted in the Army for $700. I still regret to this day selling it.

1973jf1.jpg

1973jf1.jpg

It appears I may be the only true :poke::poke::poke:C body in the blood guy here
Bull puckey.
My first C-body was when I was 21. I'll be 64 soon. Do the math....

BTW, my sister discovered old pics of us and our cars but I can't have them.
We're not speaking.
%$#-ing families suck.

Last edited:
Yep. That's how I got most of them.
He was on the road all the time.
Buy new.
Rack up a 100k in 3 yrs.
Hand it down to me and use the money I paid him for a straight cash no nonsense purchase on his next "Accountant Special" They were appliances to him...

He finally broke the mold when the Formals came along. With his mileage the gas hog was the deal killer (always the accountant). Went to a stripper Cordoba in '76. That was my first R-body in '79. In '79 he went to a M-bodies and when they were disco'd, he went to K-cars. Sad..... Very sad. When I first drove his K-car for a drive, I knew the era as we knew it was over.
And yes, when he died, his Dynasty went to my mother and when she died I got the Dynasty. Worst car I ever owned.

Last edited:
My Dad had Fusie wagons.........he let me borrow them once in a while. LOL!

Everybody I know including me was in to B's and E's and some A's in our youth.......... C-bodies were old man cars back then.
QUOTE]

I always went for the B bodys back in the day..... It was just the cool thing to do. My dad owned a string of C body wagons and Imperials and while I appreciated them I never owned a C until I was in my 50's and found a 64 300 convertible stored in a garage for a long time..... One road trip and I was convinced.....

I'm still not really just a C body guy though..... Still have a B body and now a forward look 61 Plymouth that i'm itching to get started on.

Nice Plymouth Bryan, bet you wish you had that one back!Dave, you dabbled in the others haven't you? I know there was at least one E-body!

Thanks Matt actually I still have it 32 years later .. it's just not shiny anymore and I don't fit that suit anymore either LOL. It's a 383 Pistol grip 4 speed, N96, N85, A31, buckets/console, AM 8 Track car. I pulled the tired non-original 68 383 out of it and put in a 413 (swapped out of that 68 RR in the background). I was running the 413 in it in that picture and several years later i put a 440 HP2 engine I got with a 440-6 RR in it (wasn't the original engine for the 6 BBL car). That's what's in it today. I'm hoping the logistics work out and I can get started on it soon and get the R/T back on the road this summer.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt actually I still have it 32 years later .. it's just not shiny anymore and I don't fit that suit anymore either LOL. It's a 383 4 Pistol grip speed, N96, N85, A31, buckets/console, AM 8 Track car. I pulled the tired non-original 68 383 out of it and put in a 413 (swapped out of that 68 RR in the background). I was running the 413 in it in that picture and several years later i put a 440 HP2 engine I got with a 440-6 RR in it (wasn't the original engine for the 6 BBL car). That's what's in it today. I'm hoping the logistics work out and I can get started on it soon and get the R/T back on the road this summer.

Very cool! Keep us posted on the progress. Pictures too!

Very nice! My Super Bee was my first car. It was a very low mileage car and I paid $1995 for her in 1971. I had it for 2 years and traded it in a brand new 1973 Ralleye Challenger with a 340 Magnum that looked like this one. It was $3199. Mine had a black vinyl top and black fade stripes on the sides. F-1 Pale Green. I sold the car on 27 December 1976, 2 days before I enlisted in the Army for $700. I still regret to this day selling it.

Cool story Bob and thanks. I was at the Gateway Mopar show this weekend in Granite City, IL. Unfortunately there were not very many show cars .. maybe a 100? Really poor showing but there was another Mopar show in Indiana apparently. I did however see 2 of those cars F1 cars. Figure the odds of 2 out of ~100 cars being that color today and in the same small showing !!

Great reality Bryan...I would go insane if I could find and buy either of my 2 cars from my youth. I wish I was had the sense to write down the VIN's back then.

Still have it, that's great!

thanks Matt .. I'm excited about getting going on it. I've been immersing myself since new years day of this year back into the hobby after about a 10 year break. I'm planning, thinking, fantasizing, over thinking it etc, but that's how I do things.

Great reality Bryan...I would go insane if I could find and buy either of my 2 cars from my youth. I wish I was had the sense to write down the VIN's back then.

Thanks Bob. I've sold many I wish I'd kept, and passed on even more I wished I'd bought, but I am happy I kept the 70 Road Roaster. I would also like to have a shot at re-thinking that 68 post RR in the back ground too if I could pull a back to the future I'd never sold that car either. Condition wise it was actually a better car at the time than the 70 but it was just wearing primer .. otherwise very nice condition white, 4 speed, decor group post car with black top and interior.

Dave, you dabbled in the others haven't you? I know there was at least one E-body!

I bought the Satellite because it was a convertible, and no C bodies were to be had. One week later a 69 Sport Fury was for sale locally so I bought it. I never drove the satellite.

I bought the Challenger, again because no C's were available and this Challenger was fifteen hundred bucks. Of course that was in 1992

scan0012.jpgscan0022.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0022.jpg

I bought the Satellite because it was a convertible, and no C bodies were to be had. One week later a 69 Sport Fury was for sale locally so I bought it. I never drove the satellite.

I bought the Challenger, again because no C's were available and this Challenger was fifteen hundred bucks. Of course that was in 1992

I always hated the moulding on that Challenger otherwise it's a nice looking car .. your daughter or little sister?

Re: the convert it's a pretty gainey photo but nice looking satellite nonetheless I would have done a driveway omit on the Plymouth sticker on the windshield at daylight.

Last edited:
First I've heard of the vert, it's green....

Back