Racing at KDS Dragstrip today

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Kinston, NC. Near the coast. Good sea level track. Been here a few times. One of my nemicis showed up. Never have beat this guy. He won the event yesterday here. Wish me luck. 60 degrees & no clouds in site. Hardly no wind.

image.jpg

Well. Couldn't hit the tree today. I did get my nemicis in R3 due to his red light. So his cousin waited for me in R4. They wanted some payback. And I went red against him. Oh well done for the year.

8.56. Car had its best ever 60 foot time of 1.835. On that pass. After that it spun every time.

By the way. I had the only Mopar on the property. There was only 2 classes racing today. Top Eliminator & Modified. It's really getting bad out there for the Mopar fans. I had 3 people come over to me & tell me they where pulling for me just because I was the Mopar in the event.

Actually, it was like that back in the sixties too so nothing's changed. There were Sundays all I ran against were 327's.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Yep same thing Stan and add a few Hondas in there. That's why I have no desire to go to anything but Mopar only events.

Wow, nice time! I would imagine this is 1/8 mile? Car is a 13 second 1/4 mile car? What motor? I love your car!

Yea thats 1/8 mile. It 1/4's 13.5 to 13.6. It's a lowly ole 318. Wet bumpstick through the muffs. 1900 launch/4600 shift. 3175 wet /driver

Yep same thing Stan and add a few Hondas in there. That's why I have no desire to go to anything but Mopar only events.

Hardly ever very see any rice rockets in modified. Never in top. They have their own class & race on different days. Only time I ever get to spank one is on a TNT day

When I was in Ft. Sill there was a nearby 1/8 mi track that I used to run my 55 Pontiac at... it was (surprisingly) not the slowest car there, that title went to my buddies XJ12 lol... nothing competitive tho

When I was in Ft. Sill there was a nearby 1/8 mi track that I used to run my 55 Pontiac at... it was (surprisingly) not the slowest car there, that title went to my buddies XJ12 lol... nothing competitive tho

My car is usually the slowest unless some street cars enter. It's all about having fun. I see a lot of guys who speed a ton of money on their cars. Not unusual to see 40g just in the car. Then the haulers & trailers tools & spare parts.

Yea, next time I want a race car I'm just gonna buy one that's done. Waaaay cheaper.

Back