Racing at KDS Dragstrip today

You should have talked to me four years ago before I started throwing money down a bottomless pit.

I wouldn't say your pit is bottomless, as long as your happy with the speeds it runs but if you want to go faster like most of us....anyway we all spend on things to make us happy, cars, women, electronics, etc... when your done racing at least you can recoup some of your investment

My pit is bottomless and doesn't even have sides. Two good seasons out of my $5,000 transmission and it's time for a rebuild.

I may not pour money down it as hard as most, but believe me it's a pourin'. You"re right. Got to spend it on something.

My dad was an avid fisherman. Gone every weekend. He never had the best money could buy, but he had good stuff. Like father like son they say

My car is usually the slowest unless some street cars enter. It's all about having fun. I see a lot of guys who speed a ton of money on their cars. Not unusual to see 40g just in the car. Then the haulers & trailers tools & spare parts.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the drag racing was what killed the dual range hydramatic trans... which ended up being one of the reasons I got rid of it. After that I ran my Caddy, which ironicly was one of the faster cars in the group of us that always went. It was just fun to race. I didn't particularly care about winning any races or even really how fast I ran, it was just getting out there and flooring it that made it worth it...

More fun to race what you drove to event than it is to stand there watching others. This goes triple at a all Mopar event. I have never heard anybody say anything bad about a slow car at a all Mopar event as long as it is all mopar.

I normally try to race in all the area Mopar events. This comming year I don't think I will. I have more fun trailering Chebbies. And I like walking through the swap meet & car for sale sections. There could be a restored 58 Plymouth for $2000 & I would never know if I was racing.

Back