Rarest C- Body?

I've got everything I ever really looked for that covers my whole spectrum. There's no holes left.
Never thought I would feel fully sated. Ever.

I like my NYBS and the Imperial ragtop. I'd have to say, my Imperial at one of 514 certainly qualifies as ONE of the rarest, but by no means THE rarest of the big Chryslers.

I want to say that the '61 300G convertible with the Pont-a-Moisson 4-speed trans likely qualifies as THE rarest factory big car built, at one of just six...yeah, it's NOT a "C"-body, but it adds to the discussion.

Wasn't that the Hurst 300? I heard that it's in California, I have never seen a picture of it.
There are one of none Hemi's in just about everything. They never should have happened but the documentions there.
4 dr. sedan belvedere 4 spds.
Station wagons...

I remember reading long ago that the one 300H Hurst Hemi car that exists, had a Hemi installed at the Tulsa Chrysler dealership where it was bought new. Now, since the 300 Hurst cars were modified by a vendor (Hurst) with factory approval, these are considered "factory" cars. So, if the story about the Hurst having a HEMI installed at a Chrysler dealer prior to delivery, would this be "factory" as well??? To me, this would be a car akin to the Grand Spaulding-modified cars - considered legitimate cars by every Mopar fanatic I know of. Why would the 300H Hemi car be any different???

There is, of course, the 300H convertibles. I've heard one and two. The pictures of Miss Linda in the 300 ragtop back in the day - was this NOT in one of these cars???

There are one of none Hemi's in just about everything. They never should have happened but the documentions there.
4 dr. sedan belvedere 4 spds.
Station wagons...

1966 Coronet 4-doors - five.
1967 Belvedere I 4-door - one
NO factory 426 Hemi wagons of any type have ever been documented.

Years ago, I remember a story about a pair of 1966 Belvedere II Hemi wagons being produced in Petty Blue FOR Richard Petty, which would've been a Special Paint code for that year. A guy in Wichita was relating this story to me at the WAM Mopar show in Wichita about 20 years ago. So, one day I called Petty Enterprises to ask if they had any recollection of these cars being sent to them. They said they did have a couple of wagons that year, but they definitely were NOT Hemi wagons - they had 383 4-barrel engines in them.

After exhaustive research I have discovered that our 69 300 convertible is the only one ........... On my block......... :reading:

I personally don't think it exist but I read rumors of a prototype 1966 300 "M" with a 426 Hemi 4 speed. There are M badges out there so it just must exist. In the real world I vote for Scott's '65 300 L convertible pick.

When looking at rare I never felt you could look at option combinations which includes engine sizes and transmission sizes. If you start to look at options then you need to look at everything, like paint color, interior color, radio choice. Even something like cornering lights comes into play. If you look hard enough you could mae many cars one of a low number.

My 71 polara is a two door, it is also a Brougham. They made 2024 2 door broughams. How many had the 440? Came with white vinyl top? Bucket seats? White bucket seats? B7 blue?
To me it is a 71 polara 2 door.......

When I consider rare I consider body designation only.....

When I used to administer the Olds mailing list these kind of questions would come up and they always drove me crazy. "How many cars were built in 1968 as a 2-door post, painted Teal Frost with a white painted top, teal bench seat interior, 3-speed on the floor, power steering and manual brakes like my car?"

Who knows? More importantly, who cares? It's not like it is a particularly desirable thing. If it was the prototype Hurst, then maybe...

The way I see it...all of us have very rare C-Bodies.

I would like to have one of every FCBO member cars in my fleet...

Since I can't....I would like to see a panoramic (even photo chopped) picture of the entire FCBO member cars. Even an aerial shot of all of our cars would be super cool.

No....I haven't been smoking any of Ross' weed today. LOL!:pimp_daddy:
I belong to a nationwide Lotus club that has a yearly meeting called LOG...Lotus Owners Gathering... they arrange for a guy to come and take panoramic pic from a crane of all the cars and owners in a slow moving exposure that captures every one. Very cool! Perhaps it could be done at Carlisle sometime?

Which is why I am trying to limit it to engine/tranny only as almost every car could be conceivably one of one with options. Mine is Pale Gold Poly, which was exclusive to the Monaco in '65 and was discontinued part way thru the model year. It may also be a radio delete but have not been able to 100% verify that. Ross's car is an example of what I am talking about, even dropping the Dana rear from the equation. Just engine and tranny combo make it extremely rare. I will say that certain options do make a car rare, but trying to keep it simple. If they made "X" car in a production run of a 1000, it is rare. If they all came with a 318,still rare considering only a 1000. But if one came with a 383 and the rest had 318's.....that is where I am trying to take this. Yes, our "C's" are rare as is.....just trying to get down to the nitty gritty.
rarity is based on the Vin#, not color or interior, or whatever. A 69' 318 coronet, yellow with road wheels was one of
40-50k cars. A 440 HP four speed car of an A,B, or C body is where the money is, and always will be.

Not a C-Body but....

Mopar built a couple (5 of them I believe) 1968 Road Runner convertibles. None were suppose to be available for sale. There is one in Ontario, Canada and 3 or 4 others are out there somewhere.

Hi Bob,

no factory 68 RRs Converts I belive in without seeing a VIN "RM27H8"

Carsten

Wasn't that the Hurst 300? I heard that it's in California, I have never seen a picture of it.

There was a Hardtop with an added Hemi and a onvertible with (to be seen in Mopar Muscle back in 1987).
The Convertible had some documentation and paperwork but it was all dealer installed/changed/added. The CV had a window sticker like 8k back then. But as both cars are dealer installed/built/modified none of them are factory cars.

Despite that dealer built 300 CV (which has a black interieur btw) there were two other CVs being built according to Hurst itself. One crashed early in its live and went to a yard, the other still exists.

Carsten

Carsten

When I used to administer the Olds mailing list these kind of questions would come up and they always drove me crazy. "How many cars were built in 1968 as a 2-door post, painted Teal Frost with a white painted top, teal bench seat interior, 3-speed on the floor, power steering and manual brakes like my car?"

Who knows? More importantly, who cares? It's not like it is a particularly desirable thing. If it was the prototype Hurst, then maybe...

Exactly my point Greg.....

I belong to a nationwide Lotus club that has a yearly meeting called LOG...Lotus Owners Gathering... they arrange for a guy to come and take panoramic pic from a crane of all the cars and owners in a slow moving exposure that captures every one. Very cool! Perhaps it could be done at Carlisle sometime?

That's cool....now we have to get everybody to Carlisle. LOL!

I always wonder how many V code delete (no tri power), police interceptor, sub framed, Furys like mine with the posi trac are out there. :)

There are M badges out there so it just must exist.
Frank Mitchell has....er, HAD a 300M badge.
"Claimed" it was a vendor's sample for tooling approval that the Chrysler Engineers had ordered just in case it there would be a 300M in 1966. Also he said it was the only one in the world..... What everrrrrrr.

"How many cars were built in 1968 as a 2-door post, painted Teal Frost with a white painted top, teal bench seat interior, 3-speed on the floor, power steering and manual brakes like my car?"
When I see that posted here, I know:
1. First post
2. Hasn't even heard the nomenclature "C-body" yet.
3. It will be tough explaining to him

Back