Reading a build sheet.

c300g

Reaction score
Last summer I was at a wrecker that has mostly 50s-60s cars. I was looking over a very rough 65 Fury I 2 door sedan. The trunk was opened and there was a hole ripped in the divider behind the rear seat. I thought I could see a piece of paper inside so i crawled in and ripped the hole a bit bigger. Sure enough, I had found a build sheet! I crawled out of the trunk and into the back seat where I cut a hole through the upholstery & foam and carefully extracted the piece of delicate paper.
I'd really like to decode the build sheet. Find out if it is from the Fury I I pulled it from.

Here is everything written.
sequence number:6940? illegible
shipping order:71504809
body: P11
paint & style: SS1
trim: L11
engine: 20
trans: 1
axle: 3
tires: 42
air cond. heater:5
power brakes:1

battery:5
anti-smog pkge: 6
basic seat belt 8
shocks: 1
udf paint color: Y
engine: 532
pinion: 56

3rd line cont. in comments

IMG_5631.JPG

1965 plymouth fury 2.jpg

1965 plymouth fury 4.jpg

3rd line cont.

trans: 28
axle: 290
whl: 06
rad: 73
prop shaft: 68
rear spring: 61
strg col assy: AT
strg whl & horn ring: J? maybe E or H
brake & or clutch pedal assy: 45
wheel covers: 81
stub frame: 01
torsion bar: 3? maybe a 2
g: 9
i: 5
j: 1

across the whole thing, it looks like "11 Riser" is written in crayon.

shipping order:71504809 - 715 - Scheduled build date - July 14, 1965 (late production)
body: P11 - P- Plymouth / 1 - Fury I / 1 - 2dr Sedan
paint & style: SS1 - S - Roof - Ivory / S - Body - Ivory / 1 - Paint Scheme - single tone
trim: L11 - L : Low (Fury I) - 1 : Upholstery - Cloth & vinyl - T : Colour - Tan
engine: 20 - (342 / 350) : 225 cid slant six

Sales Codes - Three digits. First two generally in column heading -
trans: 1 - 361 - 3 speed manual
axle: 3 - 373 - 3.23:1
tires: 42 - 384 (14") / 392 (8.25 white wall)
air cond. heater:5 - 405 - Heater / Defroster
power brakes:1 - 411 - power brakes
463 - Foam rubber seat cushion rear
battery:5 - 575 - 48 amp battery
anti-smog pkge: 6 - 616 - PCV system (mandatory in CA)
basic seat belt 8 - 618 - basic seat belt (no retractors)
udf paint color: Y - Interior paint colour - Tan

The following, I believe, are bin codes - where the parts and stored and retrieved for production.
engine: 532 pinion: 56
trans: 28 axle: 290
whl: 06 rad: 73
prop shaft: 68 rear spring: 61
strg col assy: AT strg whl & horn ring: J? maybe E or H
brake & or clutch pedal assy: 45 wheel covers: 81 (If the car had wheel covers, there would be a "1" in column 48. )
stub frame: 01 torsion bar: 3? maybe a 2
g: 9 i: 5 j: 1

The following, I believe, are bin codes - where the parts and stored and retrieved for production.
engine: 532 pinion: 56
trans: 28 axle: 290
whl: 06 rad: 73
prop shaft: 68 rear spring: 61
strg col assy: AT strg whl & horn ring: J? maybe E or H
brake & or clutch pedal assy: 45 wheel covers: 81 (If the car had wheel covers, there would be a "1" in column 48. )
stub frame: 01 torsion bar: 3? maybe a 2
g: 9 i: 5 j: 1

They are either an assembly code such as 532, 290, 45, 01

Or the last two digits of a part number such as

Pinion 56= PN 2204 356 to go with the 8.25 tires and 3.23 gear
Rad 73 = PN 2524973

thats awesome! thanks for the help.
i really wanted to know the build date. 2 days before the delivery date of my car!
also want to find out what hubcaps were on the car as well.

Last summer I was at a wrecker that has mostly 50s-60s cars. I was looking over a very rough 65 Fury I 2 door sedan. The trunk was opened and there was a hole ripped in the divider behind the rear seat. I thought I could see a piece of paper inside so i crawled in and ripped the hole a bit bigger. Sure enough, I had found a build sheet! I crawled out of the trunk and into the back seat where I cut a hole through the upholstery & foam and carefully extracted the piece of delicate paper.
I'd really like to decode the build sheet. Find out if it is from the Fury I I pulled it from.

Here is everything written.
shipping order:71504809
body: P11
paint & style: SS1
trim: L11
engine: 20
trans: 1
axle: 3
tires: 42
air cond. heater:5
power brakes:1

battery:5
anti-smog pkge: 6
basic seat belt 8
udf paint color: Y
engine: 532
pinion: 56

3rd line cont. in comments
not trying to be a smart *** but if you pulled the broadcast sheet from the back seat why would you think anything other than it belonging to that car?

There have been a couple of instances I have heard of when the wrong broadcast sheet landed up in a car. And they were ones attached to the seats. The seats are correct for the car, but not meant for the car they were installed in. The broadcast sheets are attached to the seats when the seats are manufactured which is how they land up being held in place by the seat springs.

Thus if two Fury I sedans are coming down the line, both meant to have tan cloth and vinyl seats, it would be easy to grab the seat for car A and install it in car B. And vice versa.

As long as the Shipping Order Number on the broadcast sheet matches the Shipping Order Number on the body tag, you're good to go.

thats awesome! thanks for the help.
i really wanted to know the build date. 2 days before the delivery date of my car!
also want to find out what hubcaps were on the car as well.

The hub caps would be the basic Fury hubcap - not the wheel cover which covers the whole wheel.

The hub caps would be the basic Fury hubcap - not the wheel cover which covers the whole wheel.
so "dog dish" hubcaps?

Bill. Are you the one who worked for chrysler canada and has all the production info on canadian cars? I've been trying to get in touch with you for years.

so "dog dish" hubcaps?

Bill. Are you the one who worked for chrysler canada and has all the production info on canadian cars? I've been trying to get in touch with you for years.

No, I never worked for Chrysler Canada. Lived in Western Canada all my life, except for 4½ years starting in 2010.

And I wish I had all the production info on Canadian cars! I would have written and published a book with all the information long ago. But I am still trying to collect information.

Working on getting the 1965-1973 period filled out right now.

That's round one.

I have copies of Chrysler Corporation production for the U.S. market, 1965 to 1973, but not the Canadian. I also know the total number of cars built for export market for most years, not by body style. So, I will be filling in those blanks first.

Once that is done, then fill in the blanks for the 1974 to 1978 models.

Back