Removed Vinyl to replace, but now I don't know...

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
Mother nature had taken her toll on my 72 Imperial's vinyl top so I pulled it all off to replace it.
My thought has been that if I paint the roof before the next top goes on, it should prevent rust and add longevity to the new vinyl, as well as look decent while I find a replacement top or reputable shop to replicate it. Well now that I have it painted, I'm really liking it as is!
I thought I'd post a few pics and get some feedback so let me have it!
Thanks,
Ron

1972Imperial051_zps4c6a973b.jpg

1972Imperial057_zpsc7884f7b.jpg

looks great, luv the '72 Pearl. Oh.. and, cool 4dr. dually also.:wtg:

I'm pretty sure the paint is A5 Silver Frost Metallic. I really like that color a lot.

What are you thoughts about a formal 4 door NY'er with paint instead of vinyl? Ummm, B3 Cadet Blue Metallic with the roof painted Black or the same color B3 Cadet Blue?

looks great, luv the '72 Pearl. Oh.. and, cool 4dr. dually also.:wtg:

1978 NYB us right, its A5 Silver Frost - its just new and fresh compared to the rest of the car. Thanks on Dually - I replaced the 360 with a 440 so its really cool now. :wtg: Thanks for the comments!

What are you thoughts about a formal 4 door NY'er with paint instead of vinyl? Ummm, B3 Cadet Blue Metallic with the roof painted Black or the same color B3 Cadet Blue?

I've seen the painted roofs in the past (when they aren't the same color as the car) and they never really did much for me so I find what I'm liking about mine is that its the same color as the car - yet maintains the trim from the vinyl top - so I'd say "yes" on the 4 door NY'er with the same color B3 Cadet Blue!

1978 NYB us right, its A5 Silver Frost - its just new and fresh compared to the rest of the car. Thanks on Dually - I replaced the 360 with a 440 so its really cool now. :wtg: Thanks for the comments!

Somebody had to put a 360 in it. 1972 Imps only came with 440's.

It is not my cup of tea with the paintet roof but that doesn't matter. If you like it: Just leave it that way. Enjoy your nice automobile !

Post up some pics of the rest of the fleet. I have a '71 Bee project for sale, #'s matching 383 and was a 3 spd stick car originally. I also have a '68 RR.

Back